Friday, May 13, 2005

Yeah, that too.

We had some thunderstorms briefly roll through the area earlier today. I could tell the boys were a little scared (the thunder was really loud), so I resorted to the Thunder Story that my mother used to tell us when WE were little.

"Don't worry, guys," I said. "Thunder just means that God is bowling and he got a strike."

Noah looked at me like I was an idiot.

"No, Supernanny," this FOUR YEAR OLD explained to me. "Thunder is when hot air and cold air--" and he brought his hands together in a loud clap--"meet."

4 comments:

SingleAgain said...

I wonder how they'd do with the got your nose trick?

Nik said...

HA-- you got schooled by a four year old. That's too funny.
My grandma used to say everytime it would start to rain, "oh, the Heavens are weeping again". Ans seriously everytime it rains, that's the first thing I think of.

Fred said...

"Out of the mouth of babaes...."

keesh said...

you mean it isn't God and his angels bowling when it rains and storms? Thanks Supernanny, you have ruined it :)