Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Back by popular (or at least Jen's ) demand…My Marital Growing Pains or Why never to redecorate with your spouse

Tim and I went out looking for tile for our new bathroom last weekend.
Background info: We had gone out looking for tile once before for an entire afternoon, hitting about 4 stores with no luck.

0300: Arrive at Tile Store
0320: Choose linoleum tile
0325: Decide we need to check out ceramic tiles
0400: Choose ceramic tile
0410: Realize we’ve chosen Wall Tile (Who the hell is putting tiles on their walls?!)
0420: We find the matching floor tile
0425: It doesn’t come in the right size
0430: We start over Again
0445: I lose all semblance of patience and am desperate to make a decision because I never want to do this again As Long As I Live. I tell Tim I don’t care what we get, that anything is fine. Tim says, no, it’s more important than that and if I’m going to be that way about it we won’t get anything. (I can’t win!)
0455: We’re asked by the sales guy if we have a decision as the Store is Closing
0456: Tim says, unfortunately no
0500: I storm out of the store never to return

To Date: We remain tile-less

5 comments:

Jen said...

Technically, 3 pm is 1500. (I'm all about everything military these days.) ;)

Jen said...

But still a funny ass story.

Especially when she tells it over alcohol.

Or maybe it was the alcohol that was making me giggle. Either way, it was entertaining.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

What HASN'T she--

Dammit, she beat me to the punch already.