Sunday, May 08, 2005

Not a very good weekend.

By now, you guys know that Jeff and I are, at the moment, no longer together. It seems like it's going to "stick" this time, at least for a while. It especially sucks that it happened over Mother's Day weekend, which, as you know, is a really hard time for me anyway.

It's always sad when a relationship ends, especially this one. And thinking about starting over again at 28, especially when I, at one p0int, was sure that I had found The One, is scary and defeating and overwhelming.

There are lots of details to work out, obviously. He said that I can still stay here for student teaching in the fall (I'll be done by Thanksgiving), but that still leaves the summer. I offered to go home for the summer and come back for school in the fall (though I haven't discussed that with Mom yet, LOL), but that would mean leaving my nannying job with the S.'s, which would suck.

Anyway, I wanted to post it here so that I could have "my girls" around me (and anyone else who happens to stumble across this blog).

Breaking up is, as they say, hard to do. Especially in this case. Even if it IS for the best (and frankly, I still don't know how I feel about it. It hasn't totally hit me yet, I guess).

And, the anniversary of "the accident" is at the end of the month...along with what would have been Jeff and my's anniversary.

Can we just skip May?

15 comments:

Fred said...

I'm a stumbler. My wife was 33, I was 30 when we got married. Lots of time!!

Jen said...

Thank you, Fred.

keesh said...

yeah Jen, Shawn was 30, I was 23, but trust me, there is plenty of time for all that! I didn't have Mason until I was 25 and SHawn was 32, so girl, you have time. especially now a days. It isn't 1930 and there is no set time frame you have to meet. Just remember that whatever is going on, you have to talk to each other and communicate as nice as you can. Relationships take work but in my opinion if yours is taking this much work already, you may want to take a break anyway and just see where the road takes you. Prayers are with you guys!

Renee said...

Jen, Brent's class had a field trip to the zoo last week, and I met the mom of a little girl in his class... Chloe is 4 and her mom is FIFTY. She got married later than many and she and her husband still wanted a family, so they started trying! I know you don't want to be 50 and just starting a family, but you have a lot more time than you think! There's no written rule that you have to be married with children by 30, which I'm afraid you think sometimes. The MOST important thing is that you find someone who makes you happy and that you're truly in love with (and who is truly in love with you). Nobody wants you to fake it just to say you got married before 30... We love you and only want genuine happiness for you!!

Fred, thanks for the comment for my girl!

Melissa said...

Jen if you guys need to take time right now to figure out where your going and whats going to happen isn't it better to do it now then after getting married and having kids that would get drug through the whole mess. Take your time. I Love You

Renee said...

Well put, Missy!

Anna said...

We just gotta go out for drinks and talk. We could even trek over to The Pony if you wanted.

Anna said...

Also, yes, I think you should skip May from now on.

Jen said...

RIDIN' THE PONY!

We'd have to wait till next week though, when I get paid again.

Maybe we can get together at a soup kitchen, though.

Anna said...

A Drunken Soup Kitchen- Woohoo! Sounds like a good time.

Renee said...

ROTF! You guys just made water come out of my nose.

Jen said...

Drunken Soup Kitchen would ALSO make an excellent name for a band.

Renee said...

Hehehehe. I don't like to see you angry and bitter and sad, but you're frickin HILARIOUS when you are :-)

Jen said...

Yeah, Mom said something along those same lines.

Lisa said...

I am sorry to hear that Jen but you have a lot of time still to come and I know how hard it is - it is hard for me too esp since I just turne 29 and 30 is staring me in the face, however, at least you had that love in your life and have not spent the last couple of years alone - just relax it will happen when you least expect it - till then have lots of fun and when are we getting drunk?