Thursday, May 26, 2005

On a more positive note...

Yesterday was the last day of my pre-student teaching placement, and I actually got to teach stuff. I received great feedback from Mrs. R and she gave me a glowing review to submit to my advisor, and the kids seemed to be pretty into the lesson. (Although one boy clearly missed the point of the lesson; after discussing Buddha and his values and beliefs, one boy wrote an essay speculating that, if Buddha were alive today, he'd "be in a gang or something.") Plus, I got to break up one almost-fight (no small feat, considering that both boys were bigger than I was).

Gotta love middle school.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Where my girls at? Dang, I go out of my way to post something GOOD on here and I get nothing. I know Anna's gone, but Renee, you're still there till tomorrow, and I think Kish is still around. And what about my honorary girls?

Jen said...

PS, I bought "Walking for Dummies" today. Go ahead and have a field day with that one. ;)

SingleAgain said...

LOL! Why would you buy that book?

Fred said...

Honorary girl Fredericka here. Today was the last day of school, so we had a little celebration after work. Tomorrow, too!

Yeah, you gotta love middle school. If you ask most high school teachers, they wouldn’t want to be there. That's a compliment. It takes far more patience and understanding to teach 6th – 8th.

Sounds like you're well on your way.

keesh said...

Sorry Jen, here I am. been outside all day planting flowers and also went grocery shopping. Good news on your postive note :).

Does anyone know if they sell a "gardening for dummies." :)

Jen said...

Single--it's for fitness walking, how to get the most out of your workout, etc etc.

keesh said...

Jen- speaking of where people are at, where are you at? No comments on my last two posts?? WUZ UP!

Jen said...

I'M TOO TRAUMATIZED TO TALK (lol, can't you tell?)