Tuesday, May 10, 2005

By the numbers.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but if you scroll all the down to the bottom of main blog page, you'll see a button that says "Site Meter." Click on that, and a wealth of information is revealed. It tells you how many people have visited my blog (since I began tracking it on May 1, that is) and how many times my blog has been viewed all together (at least, I THINK that's the difference between "visits" and "page views." For example, no matter how much Kishelle visits, she's only counted once as a visitor--but every time she checks the blog again, that counts as a "page view" (if I'm wrong, please correct me). Also cool: in the upper left hand side, you'll see "Who's On?" Click on that, and you'll be able to see how many people (including yourself) are on my page at that very moment--and how long they've been there.

As I write this, I'm about to hit my 500th visitor (and that's in just 10 days!). Now I realize that, for most sites, that's not exactly something to brag about-- but for my little blog, I'm pretty exited. By the end of the month, I could have 1000!! (Again, I know that some sites get like 1000 a day--but please just let me revel in my own kind of fame.)

CORRECTION:

Per Eric, a visit is each time one of you comes to my blog (so it's not necessary 500 people; just people have come 500 times). Page views is how many different pages you viewed (duh) while you were here.

4 comments:

keesh said...

Gee that is really great, but hello, you don't respond to my comments so, argh!

Jen said...

What comments Kishelle??

HI KISHELLE!!

Remember, each one of you is only 1 of the 500+ people; but you might be like 200 of the "page views" or whatever.

Fred said...

Impressive! Thanks for an idea to steal...

Jen said...

You won't see anyone's profile name when you click on "Who's on"--it just gives you an IP address (the connection they use to get online). So if you only see 1 (for me, that's comcast.net), I know that that's me. But sometimes, if I'm really lucky, I'll see other "addresses" on there, so I'll know someone else is on too. I don't know WHO, mind you. But someone.

Basically, don't look at the specific info--just click on the Who's On and look at how many are on the list (once, there were like TWELVE different addresses/connections on the list--oh, it was glorious).