Friday, August 29, 2008

My year of firsts

This year, I experienced my first broken bone (which sucked). Yesterday, I got my first sting (a wasp, also quite sucky). It was out by my dumpster, on my toe (I know, kind of a weird place--or maybe not, here in Florida, where we live in flip-flops and sandals). Within a couple of minutes I was incredibly nauseous and my tongue felt kind of weird, but it passed in an hour or so. It must have been from the venom--if I was actually allergic, I think it would have been a lot worse.

Here's hoping I make it to 32 relatively unscathed. ;)

4 comments:

sparkydiva said...

jesus, jen. my husband jokes that i need my own personal air conditioned bubble to walk around in. apparently you need one, too!

Lori said...

The first sting can be the one that kind of primes your immune system, Jen. It's often the second sting that results in a real allergic reaction, if you're going to have one. Since you did react to this first one, watch out if you are stung again.

Jen said...

Brandi: lol, pretty soon, these stories will cease to even phase you. they're pretty much par for the course around here. =-)

Lori: thanks for the heads up. Still, I'm planning on there NOT being another one

anna said...

Ouch! Bummer!

I got stung once when I was about 5. It sucked and I have no desire to repeat it.