Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Luck o’ the Irish!

And speaking of lucky- My husband and I are going to Ireland for our 1st Anniversary over the Labor Day Weekend! (We must go quickly, before any kids appear to suck out our free time & money!)

We’ll be in Dublin on the east coast for 2 days exploring the city and tasting at the Guinness Brewery. Then we’ll drive through the south & southwestern area from Killarny for 2 days, driving around the Ring of Kerry and kissing the Blarney Stone. Then (dream come true!) we’ll stay at Dromoland Castle for a night where I will fully indulge all romantic princess fantasies that pop into my imaginative head. We have 1 day in Galway on the west coast and then zoom back to Dublin to fly home.

We’re driving, or rather, hubby’s driving on the wrong side of the road in a tiny European car for the week. This is guaranteed to look funny as we’re both freakishly tall, as my sister-in-law has so genteelly described us, and European cars are generally tiny. Can’t you just see us folding ourselves into the car with our knees up by our ears?

Anywho,
If you’ve been to Ireland, what do we need to see and do?
If you haven’t been to Ireland, where have you been and what do you recommend there?

4 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

How EXCITING! I know you will have such a wonderful anniversary there. The princess thing really appeals to me too. I'd LOVE to do that. Your hubby will be very happy to be the prince, I'm sure.
I've never been there, but from what I've seen of the countryside, it looks gorgeous.
Please post some pics when you return.

Fred said...

We tried to get to Ireland twice, but events conspired against us.

It's a beautiful place to go; have a great time. Enjoy a pub or two for us!

Nik said...

Anna- I'm so jealous of you. Be sure to check out the Giant's Causeway. I've never been there but I've read and seen pictures of it. There's a really pretty,huge garden, but I can't remember the name or where it is. I'll check my Ireland book that I have and hopefully get to you before you leave. Have a great time and Happy Anniversary! Don't forget to bring me back an Irishman. LOL

Cliff said...

I haven't been there but I think tossing back 'a few', might be good prep.