Saturday, August 06, 2005

Diary of an insomniac.

After FINALLY hearing from Thomas on Friday after 5 long, tense of days of little sleep, I figured that last night, I would actually crash pretty quickly after getting into bed, rather than staring up at the ceiling, praying and calculating how much money it would cost to fly to Iraq and find him myself. As it turns out, though, there was no sleeping for Jen last night. I think I was still running on adreneline from the last few days--or maybe I was just fueled by my utter and complete euphoria that he was okay. Whatever the reason, I didn't go to bed until 6 am. Here's my story:

11:30 pm Watched Friends
Midnight - 1:00 am Talked to Thomas on the phone
1 - 1:30 Watched Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
1:30 - 2:15 Walked
2:15 - 3:15 Played on the Soldiers' Angels message board; wrote a letter to the NY Times
3:15 Thought, "That guinea pig cage stinks."
3:30 Thought, "Shit, that guinea pig cage REALLY stinks."
3:40 Decided that I must clean out the guinea pig cage RIGHT NOW
3:45 Realized we were out of clean bedding
3:55 Drove to the all-night grocery store for bedding.
4:15 Walked in the door with hamster bedding, the new People magazine with Jennifer Aniston (seriously, Brad, are you crazy?) and a watermelon ($2.88, whoo hoo!!) as Jeff was getting up for work (he had to open today)
4:15-4:18 Tried to explain to a very perplexed Jeff why I was returning from the store at 4:15 am with hamster bedding, the new People magazine and a watermelon
4:20 - 4:30 Cleaned guinea pig cage
4:30 Ate watermelon, watched The Cosby Show
5:00 - 6:00 Read my new People magazine
6:00 Finally went to sleep

6 comments:

sparkydiva said...

i really probably shouldn't be laughing as hard as i am, but, hey...too bad. from one insomniac to another, i say 'all night store with guinea pig bedding? where??'

hope you got some sleep!
~b

ps...glad he's ok.

Jen said...

FARMER JACK, baby. Although Meijer would probaby work, too. (You may not have either of those by you, though.)

Jen said...

I should clarify: when I said I "ate watermelon," I don't mean that I ate the WHOLE watermelon. ;)

Fred said...

See pillow. See Fred hit the pillow. See Fred fall asleep within minutes.

Sorry you don't have my talent, but at least you had a productive all-nighter!

keesh said...

Jen - borrow Brent, you will learn within a few days how to cure insomnia :). At least all your distractions were for good reason and he is ok, thank God!

Jen said...

Yeah, it was SO GOOD. It was basically a recap of the original article that ran in Vanity Fair (that's the one I REALLY wanted but they didn't have it); she's basically okay, she honestly doesn't if he cheated with A.J. but she chooses to believe that he didn't, and she actually started to cry when the reporter brought of the rumor of A.J.'s pregnancy. Poor girl. (She's just so REAL you know?)