Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Interesting plot twist.

As Renee knows, Thomas and I have been "in discussions" for the past several days. He wants to go active duty (no more part-time National Guard duty; he wants to be a full-time soldier). I'm flattered that he discussed it with me first, but after listening to him talk about the inner...NEED he feels to serve--and how it's who he is, how it's just "in him"--I knew that there was really no other choice. This is what he has to do to be truly happy with himself and his life, regardless of what may or may not happen with US down the road.

So....I'm still going to Texas to meet him in December or January and then he'll (hopefully, depending on his schedule and how that first visit goes) be coming up here in late March/early April for his birthday. And after that...who knows. But if it's God's plan for us to be together, if this is something that's really meant to be....well, it looks like I'd eventually become a military wife, at least for a while.

I don't always understand him, but I sure admire the hell out of him.

5 comments:

keesh said...

I know this has to be tough on you, especially with all the risks envolved. BUt I am proud of you for going with the flow...

Jen said...

Yeah, well, it took me a few days to get to this point, ya know. ;)

Fred said...

Of course, we'll expect a full report after the visit. I admire him, too, and I don't even know him.

Jen said...

As my mom said: "If he's gonna be with you, he better get used to living in a war zone."

Jen said...

No, that's what the big trip at the end of the year (not to mention Operation Weight Loss) is all about.