Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Happy Anniversary Cube Rats

The company I work for is celebrating its 20 Year Anniversary next week. Yay. Are they taking us all to a fabulous restaurant or resort to celebrate? Ah no, they’re taking us to a park for the afternoon.

To prepare for this auspicious occasion, the company of about 50 people has been split into 5 teams with each team told to create something that symbolizes the company to us. This is officially referred to as the Anniversary Craft Project.

Yesterday morning we were given the next exciting surprise. We are each to choose 1 to 5 words, describing what the company means to us. At the Anniversary Picnic, we will be lined up in two facing lines and the CEO’s anniversary plaque will be handed up the line. As the plaque is passed to us we are to say our 1 to 5 words and then pass the plaque along.

The only thing left to make this a real 2nd Grade End of the Year Banquet would be if they made us all sing a song together. Jen has been kind enough to volunteer to be my mom to camcorder the Program. I said ok, but only if she spit on a tissue and wiped my face clean with it.

The only saving grace of this whole Anniversary Extravaganza is that at least they’ll be serving free alcohol all afternoon.

10 comments:

Jen said...

This just gets funnier every time I read it.

Jen said...

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Tell Tim I love the last one. ;)

Maybe you'll cap off the day with a hand-holding rendition of "We are the World."

Jamie Dawn said...

Eat, drink, and try to be merry!
You could come up with something really different for your 1 to 5 words.
Suggestions:
20 years oppressing cube rats.
This company sucks!
Where's my free drink?
This is really, really stupid.

Fred said...

Is this the way it went?

CEO: "Attention everyone.." (Then clicks baton on music stand.) "Hold hands, close your eyes and start swaying." (Clear throat.)

Group begins singing: "Kum ba ya, My Lord, Kum ba ya. Kum ba ya, My Lord, Kum ba ya. Kum ba ya, My Lord, Kum ba ya. Oh Lord, Kum ba ya."

CEO: "Thank you. Please begin drinking."

Am I close?

Jen said...

It's NEXT WEEK, Fredricka

Fred said...

I knew that. I just wanted to make sure you were reading my comments.

A+, Jen.

Jen said...

LOL Fred.

Jen said...

I actually USED to work for the company, LoB. That's how Anna came to work there, too.

(I'll skip the part about how they fired me and gave her my job. You KNOW you're good friends if you can have something like that not affect your friendship.) ;)

Jen said...

(But that doesn't mean I don't still give her shit about it every now and then.)

Jen said...

BUT Anna, it turned out great cuz it let me get a job working in a school--so no worries!! (That's why I can tease you, cuz I'm really okay with it.)