Sunday, August 14, 2005

What is that NOISE?

Tonight, at periodic intervals, we've been hearing this horrible rattling sound coming from the bedroom. We turned off the fan, since it sounded like something was caught in the blades--and then we heard the machine-gun-like noise erupt from the back room AGAIN.

"What the HELL?!" asked Jeff. "I thought you shut the f(*#&&ing fan off!"

"I DID!!" I replied, so Jeff went into the bedroom and yanked the plug out of the wall. Finally, peace and quiet....for about 7 minutes. Then.....rat-a-tat-tat-tat buzzzzzzzzz (think: cell phone or pager vibrating on top of a desk). The problem is that the noises would come in such short bursts that each "episode" was usually over by the time we were able to run down the hall into the bedroom.

We just heard it again about 10 minutes ago--and this time, Jeff was able to hurdle over me and my chair quickly enough to make it to the bedroom door and get a fix on the general direction of the source. "It sounds like it's coming from near the dresser!" he exclaimed.

Oh, shit. I had a sinking suspicion that I suddenly knew what we kept hearing.

I opened my bottom drawer and sat by the bed to wait. Sure enough, after about 5 minutes, one of my bullet vibrators with an apparently-defective battery started rattling around in the wooden drawer. (This was not one of my quietest toys to begin with, let alone when it's in a small, enclosed wooden space.)

I retured to the computer room and, with as much dignity as I could muster, informed Jeff that I had "fixed the problem."

He was laughing too hard to answer.

8 comments:

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I love this! Now I will know what that noise is when it happens to me!

Thanks!

keesh said...

That is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard! Now, throw in Grandma being over for a visit during the escapade and discovery and it will just top it all off :).

sparkydiva said...

uh...jen...does your mom still read your blog?? :o)
~b

Fred said...

I'm scarred for life.

Jen said...

Sparky, my mom's well aware; I used to be a Pure Romance consultant (home parties). Hell, I had a party AT MY MOM'S. And she BOUGHT STUFF.

sparkydiva said...

you're so lucky...my mother would be mortified!! i had one of those parties at my house...but told her it was a pampered chef party when she asked what i was doing that night. she wanted to know if she could come!!! i thought i was going to die! fortunately for me, she changed her mind, or who knows what would have happened!
~b

Anonymous said...

DILDOS!

Nik said...

ROTFLMAO!! I pissed myself laughing!