Saturday, August 13, 2005

In case you didn't get the email...

I've lost another 10 lbs! Yes, I'm quite excited about it. I weighed myself at the S's today (their scale is in line with the mall scale. I know this because I weighed myself on the S's scale once during my nanny days. Convinced that the number I saw couldn't POSSIBLY be right, I promptly packed the kids into the car for a More Accurate Scale Search. As it turns out, their scale WAS correct, as I got the same reading at the mall).

Anyway, I wasn't going to weigh myself because it's, um, an "inopportune" time of the month, but I couldn't help myself--I haven't weighed myself in a whole MONTH. At first, I looked down and thought that the needle was hovering at 165, which is what I weighed LAST time; then I looked closer and realized it was at 1*5*5. Whoo hoo!! (Yes, I'm gonna "cowgirl up" and put my real weight out there for everyone to see--if they can do it on Celebrity Fit Club, then so can I.)

So now, I'm 10 pounds away from my initial goal of 145. Like I told Renee earlier today, I don't want to get TOO excited yet; once student teaching (and the cold weather) hits, it will be more difficult for me to work out regularly, not to mention that I'm sure to reach the dreaded plateau that all dieters eventually face. Bottom line, I know that the weight won't always come off this consistently and steadily--so I'm enjoying it while it lasts while also building a "buffer weight loss" for the future.

(Sadly, my first thought upon seeing my new weight was, I shit you not: "Whoo hoo! I should go to McDonald's tonight to celebrate!")

3 comments:

Fred said...

No, I didn't get the email. Or maybe I did and deleted with the other 20 messages that said "Your PayPal account has been suspended."

Great News on the weight loss!!

Why not go to McDOnald's? They have a great salad, and you can show your new self-restraint to everyone.

Jen said...

Fred, YOUR PayPal account has been suspended, too??? I thought I was the only one!! Luckily, I logged with the link provided in the email and provided all of my sensitive personal credit card information, including passwords, so I should be all set now.

;)

PS--I ain't wasting a trip to McD's on a damn SALAD.

sparkydiva said...

:o( no email for sparky.

congrats!
~b