Thursday, August 25, 2005

Rockin' with the Crue.

Jeff and I went to see Motley Crue tonight. HOLY CRAP, that was one hell of a concert. Over two solid hours of TRUE rock. It was amazing. The guys are still incredibly high energy, and you can tell that they really love and appreciate their fans. (LOL, oh my God, the FANS. Picture everyone who went to a Motley Crue concert back in '88 or so, but add about 15 years to their ages. That was your typical concert goer tonight. (I am happy to report, however, that mullets, torn jeans and black concert Tshirts are still alive and well.)

Granted, my hearing and my vocal chords have probably suffered permanent, lasting damage--and I saw more boobs than I really needed to see--oh, and I'm pretty sure I got a contact buzz from all the pot smoke--but THAT'S OKAY. It was well worth it.

6 comments:

Nik said...

That's awesome! Lynda's a die hard Motley Crue fan and I wanted to take her for her birthday, but never got tickets. I'm hoping that sometime in the future they'll tour again, so I can take her.

Jen said...

Seriously, the show was just INCREDIBLE.

Jamie Dawn said...

Sounds like you were a part of the motley crew.
I'll bet the fans were something to see!

Jen said...

I forgot to tell you guys the best part!! During one of the opening acts (Sum 41, FYI), a girl came walking out from backstage in a tank top AND HER PANTIES. And that's it. She climbed down off the stage and took her seat in the front row like there was nothing unusual about the situation (and considering it was a Crue concert, I guess there probably wasn't).

Jen said...

Hot Scott?

He's not there anymore? I thought he was back for a while.

Fred said...

That's the good thing about being an old fart. I wouldn't have been able to hear most of what was happening, so it would've been fine for me.

Now, my eyesight is great, so I would've been very attentive when the young lady with the tank top and panties appeared.