Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Up Nort’

Last week I was sent to lovely Traverse City, MI for a conference for work.
Highlights of the conference:

Sitting by the pool all afternoon on Thursday basking in the sun, drinking and getting paid for it
Watching the sunset over Lake MI from the most expensive restaurant in the area, paid for by the company
Getting all prettied up (I chose the long black dress, for those of you in on the decision) for the banquet
Getting $50 from the conference to spend on whatever I wanted in the hotel shops
And I didn't do anything stupid all conference :)

Tim met me on Thursday night and we spent the weekend on and around the Leelanau Peninsula. (northwest corner of the lower part of MI)
Highlights of our mini-vacation:
The GORGEOUS scenery up and down the coasts of the Leelanau & Old Mission Peninsulas
Tasting at winery after winery after winery (even allowed to taste an Ice Wine that sells for $80 a bottle!) It’s like a little Napa up there!
The CUTE “seaside” towns (We found 3 Degas sketches in a little art gallery in Summit Bay)
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park (500 foot high sand dunes, beautiful views)
Laying on the beaches of the Lake MI
#1 Most exciting/terrible event:
The BAT in our “cute little personal cabin in the woods” at 12:30am (Tim is so brave & wonderful for defeating it. I’m positive it was actually a vampire come to kill us! He’s my Hero!)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think you should add more info on the bat story. Oh, it was quite entertaining on the phone.