Thursday, June 23, 2005

Fear the 'Fro.

And I'm not talking about the Piston's Ben Wallace. I'm talking about ME.

I have very thick, sometimes wavy (when it air dries) blondish hair. Yes, I realize that for those with very fine hair, it may sound pretty darn appealing. But it's so thick that I have to get it cut very frequently, or I start looking like Big Ben. (Once, my hairdresser's comb actually broke off in my hair.) Every time I get my hair cut, I inevitably hear some version of: "Wow, you have a lot of hair."

After I got my hair cut yesterday (and ladies, I warn you that it's shorter than it's been in a while--all one length still, but it falls between my ear and my jaw, as opposed to my chin and my shoulders), I looked at the copious amounts of hair on the floor and the chair and my hairdresser--and, well, it was EVERYWHERE--and I joked, "You know, I probably lost like 5 pounds right there."

Well, I weighed myself this morning, and I'll be damned if I'm not 3 pounds lighter.

Dang, if I can lose 3 pounds by cutting my hair, imagine how much I'll lose after my "chest" reduction. (Which I absolutely plan on during the summer after my first year of teaching, when I have insurance and time to recover....but that's a whole different post).

13 comments:

Jen said...

Although I guess the weight loss could be partially attributed to all the walking I've been doing, too. ;)

Jen said...

LOB, being top heavy can cause HEADACHES? OH MY GOD that explains so much.

Jen said...

And PS, I'm not, like, obscenely huge--I'm a solid D--but when you're short and relatively small framed like me, that's quite a bit to carry around. To the point where it's hard to find clothes that fit right, even. And I'm incredibly self conscious about it.

Jen said...

I'd love to, Adrian, but I fear that I'm too self conscious for pictures....

Fred said...

So - next time you need to fit into a tight pair of pants, you'll get a #2 buzz?

Jen said...

LOL...the first time I read that, I took that a LOT dirtier than you originally intended, Fred.

I get it now, though.

Fred said...

Ohhhhh. (face blushing)

TLP said...

Cute blog. Three pounds of hair. Awesome.

Nik said...

No don't get rid of the fun bags!! Then I won't have anything to rest my precious little head on! Just playing, I know how you feel. If I could afford to take a bit off the top of mine, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
BTW, keep up the walking girl! You can do it.

Jen said...

LOL Renee.

And hell NO, no pictures of me till I've lost like 20 lbs...which probably won't by till tomorrow.

BTW, do I get directions to your place? Or should I mapquest it?

keesh said...

Jen- I have thick, thick hair and get the same comments when people have to dry my hair especially. it takes like 20 minutes to dry it from damp. Plus my hair is now past my shoulders, because a pony tail is as easy as it gets :). i am sure you look adorable!

Sorry LOB, girls only at the blog party :).

Great I get to be surrounded by girls with big boobs all weekend. I have the opposite problem. My husband is going to be so jealous :).

Anonymous said...

Man, they should re-name this blog "Talkin' 'bout Titties!"

Jen said...

"Titties." Clearly, a blogger with class.