Sunday, June 26, 2005

"Dough!"

Well, we're back from Blog Party 2005 and it was a huge success. There was much eating, drinking and girl-bonding (but not THAT kind, so get your minds out of the gutter). Renee's house is gorgeous, I now plan to move to Granger (South Bend/ Elkhart, IN area) and everyone got along famously--although Renee and Anna had met each other before, this was the first time that Kishelle was introduced into the mix; and, not counting a very cruel false alarm (you guys are bitches), we all fell into a very easy, comfortable friendship.

Anna and I hit HORRIBLE traffic (due to the infernal Michigan construction) on the way there, so our "3 hour tour" turned into a 5-hour nightmare. However, narrowly escaping the falling concrete that cascaded down onto the highway due to an unfortunate incident involving a forklift and a cement truck certainly helped to break up the monotony of traveling **17** miles in an hour and 15 minutes.

Some other highlights:
  • A heated, yet drunken, game of "blondes vs. brunettes" 90s Trivia Pursuit (it was a tie, but it resulted in some pretty entertaining answers, including the name of this post)
  • Me almost knocking myself unconscious as I threw my head back to take a shot, not knowing that Renee had opened the pantry door behind me)
  • Kishelle mastering the "69"
  • The party in the Victoria's Secret panties section
  • My new size 8 skirt (okay, so maybe these are MY highlights; they'll have to give you their own versions, I guess)
There are many more details, of course (some we'll tell, and some we won't), but this was a brief overview. (Yes, there are pictures...and we'll actually post some of them.) ;)

13 comments:

Fred said...

I am soooo intrigued. A "false alarm"? Tell me more.

I haven't been reading Kishelle's blog. But, with that "69" comment, I'm her newest fan.

And, whenever a guy looking for smut types in "bitches in bondage", you'll be getting all the hits.

I can hardly wait for the pictures.

sparkydiva said...

its too bad i live in texas - i miss all the good stuff!!
~b

Jen said...

Kish, don't forget to send me the name of that Bo song, and Renee, email those pics when you get a chance!!

Jen said...

Yeah, Kish, Anna and I are from Michigan and Renee, host of our blog party, is in Indiana--near South Bend.

I really liked it out there and am thinking about moving there when I'm done with student teaching later this year. (I looked it up last night, Jevanking--it's like 2.5 hours from you, so not all that close.)

Sparky--you are hereby invited to Blog Party 2006. ;)

The Devil Uno said...

Ya post pics the next time you have a debauched blog party.Candid photography.

sparkydiva said...

woot!

Jen said...

Renee, it's like, "whoo hoo!"

keesh said...

I must explain the "69". see I can't tell which is which, like looking at the bottem of a shoe, I can never tell if the line is above or below the #, so I get them confused, but by the end of hte night I started to get the "69" mastered. Ok dirty minds :).

Jen said...

*I* was certainly wondering where you were, Anna. I considered the "work" possibility but quickly discarded it.

Jen said...

PS--I found a Twizzler in my purse today. ;)

Fred said...

I'm not as smutty as the next guy.

I'm worse.

Jen said...

NOOOO Fred.

You're wonderful! We love Fred!

Jamie Dawn said...

Sounds like good, girlie fun.
Hello to Anna from me!!
My daughter and I have returned from our trip to Asia. I've posted a link to pictures. Hope you stop by.