Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I'm going to be on the news tonight!

A lot of you got (or will be getting) this email, but here it is again...

It all came down really fast, but there's a wounded soldier who is coming home tomorrow at the Detroit Metro airport. Soldiers' Angels was trying to get some Detroit-area Angels out there to help greet him. Well, the local Fox news station heard about it and wanted to interview an Angel. Patti (the president, who knows me because of my work with the newsletter) emailed me; I called her, got the reporter's number and touched base with him. Half an hour later, I was being interviewed for a story to run in about 15 minutes!! Fox is airing a story TONIGHT to try to get as many people as they can to come to the airport tomorrow to help welcome home this amazing hero.

After putting in almost an 11 hour work day, I'm pretty sure that I looked less-than-fresh (not to mention my PMS breakouts--OH MY GOD, and my freakish streakiness), but I keep reminding myself that no one cares how *I* look (except for me, ha ha), and hopefully, we'll have a great turn out tomorrow afternoon for Brian. Plus, maybe we'll get some more Detroiters to sign up and help support even MORE troops!

Good stuff.

Love,

Jen

(PS, if you want to talk to me you'll have to go through "my people," as I am about to become way too famous and important for you to be able to contact me directly) ;)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Update: It was just on. I looked like ass but I SOUNDED good. I was only on for about 10 seconds but they got a good shot of my shirt with the website, and there was me saying, you know, regardless of how you feel about the war, please come out and support HIM, and thank HIM for everything that he's done for us.

And it talked about "Soldiers' Angels," and how we try to welcome home all our military heroes in this manner. It was pretty good.

Nik said...

When don't you look like ass? j/k
It's awesome to see some publicity for this effort and hopefully it'll drum up more interest in the SA cause. I'm hoping there are tons of people there for this hero when he comes home. Jen, will you be at the airport when he comes home?

keesh said...

Did you tape it? that is great!! You are so good at that shit!

Jen said...

LOL, I was at the park all day. Shush.

Although, I've already been recognized once, at CVS.

Jen said...

Of course I havent sent it yet, Renee. That would mean that I'm organized and on top of things