Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Seriously, it's hot.

Other than that, things are moving along. I'm having a hard time adjusting to life in a sunny paradise, that's for sure. ;) I made my infamous taco bake for Frank last night.

Traffic is a bitch. It took about 20 minutes to drive the 5 miles today (yesterday, I moseyed over to the school around 10:30; today was my first taste of morning rush hour traffic and I must say, it sucks ass).Made a couple of wrong turns today but I was able to find my destinations, eventually. These destinations were the school where the training was held, then my school, then lunch (but I went with Mike, one of the teachers on my team, so that doesn't really count cuz I just followed him), my bank (that's a bitch to find, FYI), and then a grocery store. Then back to my apartment.

I also met one of other teachers on my team, Sherry. She's older with lots of experience and has already taken her under my wing. I feel better just having her around.

I think Frank and I are going to the beach tonight when he gets home from work. I keep calling it the "ocean"; he keeps reminding me that it's the Gulf. Whatever. It's a big freakin' body of salt water, alright? Let's not bore ourselves with pesky details.

I've taken a couple of pics with my digital camera so far; I'll take it to the beach with me tonight. If Frank is okay with my using his laptop for that, I can post the first bunch of pics soon. Otherwise, I may have to wait till school starts.

Oh, and I officially applied for my temporary Florida teaching license today.

6 comments:

Fred said...

In a few years, the heat won't bother you as much. Really.

And think of all the fun you'll have in February telling everyone it's 75 and sunny while they're digging out from a blizzard. (Oh, and you were drinking a gin and tonic at the pool, too.)

Jen said...

If I had to guess, I'd say about 180.

Jen said...

PS--frank showed me a shortcut to work tonight. I'll time my drive to work, but I'd be surprised if it takes more than 5 minutes (seriously). Without the traffic light (lights are freakin LONG here), I could seriously make the drive in about 2 now.

Jen said...

It rained last night, Anna. We're gonna try again tonight

Jen said...

we went to the beach tonight..but i forgot my camera. i went in the ocean and walked on the pier

Jen said...

I didn't go in that far. =-)