Sunday, July 09, 2006

Another girls' night out

This time, I went out with my sisters, Renee, Lisa (my old college roommate) and some of Missy and Nikki's friends. There was quite a few of us--9, I think. This was my last time out with my sisters, and probably the last time I'd see Renee and Lisa at all before I leave, so we had to do it up right.

Lisa, Renee and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for drinks and some light food (to absorb the copious amounts of alcohol we were about to consume) before meeting up with the other girls at this martini bar-type place. It turned out to be a pretty snooty, upscale restaurant and needless to say, our kind did not exactly feel comfortable in that type of setting. We stayed for one drink (well, Nikki had like 5, because she had to finish the drinks for the people who ended up not liking theirs) before heading out to what turned out to be our main stop for the evening: a club.

Now mind you, ever since the topic of this particular girls' night was introduced, I was very adamant about one thing: I'm not going to a club, period. I hate clubs. I hate dancing, I hate the loud music, I hate the "meat market" type atmosphere. I did clubs when I was younger and, as far as I was concerned, I didn't need to do them anymore. Been there, done that, ya know? Renee and Lisa backed me up on that. We were fine with meeting the other girls for the initial drink, but after that we were just going to have to split up and let them go have their fun while we did something old and boring, like bingo or bowling. NO CLUBS FOR US, DAMMIT.

Well luckily, the girls finally managed to talk us into going with them. We didn't go so much for the actual clubbing aspect as for the company--these girls are really a lot of fun, and we figured we'd have fun with them no matter where we were, even if that placed happened to be my personal version of Hell on Earth. Plus, we said, if it REALLY sucked we could just leave early and go knitting or whatever our old asses wanted to do.

As it turns out, we had a GREAT time. Lisa (a.k.a Deja Vu) started dancing once we walked in the doors and pretty much didn't sit down until we left, other than to perform the occasional lap dance on one of us. Renee and I, once we had a few shots in us, even got out on the dance floor. (Once Nik helpfully pointed out that dancing was just like another particular act, we immediately knew what to do.) ;)

I can't provide you with a lot of the details, namely because I don't really remember a lot of them, but here were the highlights, at least from my point of view. I'm sure Missy, Nikki, Lynda and Renee will all provide their own personal favorite moments.

1) Shooting pool when we first got there. I love me some pool.
2) Shots. Lots of shots. In fact, that's pretty much all I drank last night, period. There was one shot in particular that turned out to be delicious: Sexy Alligator or something like that. Don't know what was in it and I don't really care. It was good.
3) Itching for a "bar fight" with those skinny bitches who tried to take over the VIP sectional couch thing we had staked out at the beginning of the evening (I was really pretty disappointed when they gave up as quickly as they did. I'm not a fighter, but DAMN, last night I was ready to throw down).
4) The hot guy who wanted to dance with me (although I suspect someone paid him or something).
5) Nachos at the gas station at 3:30 am. I do believe that those were the best things I've ever eaten. EVER.

All in all, I'm really glad they made us go out with them last night. I had a blast, and it was definitely one hell of a last night out on the town.

Thanks, girls. I'm REALLY going to miss the hell out of you.

8 comments:

keesh said...

Must be you were feeling better Saturday. Glad you had fun. I hope we can catch up before you leave.

Anonymous said...

Your welcome Jen for giving you a great night to remember us by. Remember one thing, a night out with us is GAURENTEED to be a good time!

Love ya and will miss ya!

Jen said...

Hhahahahha....I'm glad you remembered that second one, because for some reason, I seemed to have problems remembering it. ;)

Jen said...

God, those were some good nachos

Nik said...

I remember Jen being ghetto, but I don't remember why she said it. Sitting outside the door of Speedway was good times "M'lady".

keesh said...

I am laughing at the quotes and I wasn't even there...I mean Jen always says some kind of Ghetto shit...ask her about her Rough Neck.....she will know the rest :) .

Jen said...

I was not couch dancing. I was standing up at the time.

I think.

Jen said...

I MEANT to be standing up, anyway.