Monday, July 24, 2006

Day one

Holy crap, it's hot.

I did find my school with only one wrong turn (which wasn't even my fault, since the lady from the school told me to go right when it should have been left). It's only a few miles from here; I couldn't have gotten much luckier. I go up about a mile to this one road, turn left, go down 4 stop lights, turn right and then down maybe a mile and turn left. (I did that all from memory, thank you very much.) And after I left the school, I even found the Super Target all by myself (I mean, I had directions from Frank but still). It's actually not too hard so far, since my apartment happens to be about a mile from the intersection of the two main streets around here. Most everything you could need is on these streets, so I'm good for a while.

Next up:

1) finding the various schools these trainings are at for the next couple of weeks

2) finding the one Chase bank in the city (I think it's pretty close, though)

3) applying for my Florida license (I can do this online, luckily)

4) getting fingerprinted (I have to drive to a whole different city for that one)

5) finding a DMV license to get a new license, registration, etc

And oh, yeah, preparing lesson plans for the first week of school

4 comments:

Mom said...

Did you find McD's and BK?

Jen said...

No not yet. Im not gonna, either. Gotta lose 10 lbs before i can go to the pool.

Fred said...

Welcome to Florida, Jen. Sounds like you're off to a great start. I go back to work tomorrow; I guess you can't be far behind.

Damn those pesky lesson plans.

keesh said...

Wow, you go girl! and you were so nervous and look, day 1 and you are so ahead of the game! Very proud of you...