Monday, October 03, 2005

Jeff* said a sweet thing.

Jeff's mom stopped by tonight for his birthday, and we were chatting about my student teaching. Jeff said to her, "I never realized how hard teachers work until I lived with her."

So for that, I will give him a happy birthday shout-out. Happy 31st!!!!

And speaking of which...Quasimodo is starting to look normal again. He had a seriously infected AND compacted wisdom tooth pulled on Friday, after about 5 days of his face swelling up to 4 times its normal size. The swelling hasn't completely gone away yet, but at least he can go out in public again with scaring small children. (And yes, I know that the real Quasimodo had a hunchback and not a swollen face, but seriously y'all, Jeff was looking HIDEOUSLY deformed--even more so than usual. So that's my new "pet name" for him.)

*my roommate/ex-boyfriend, for those of you not in the know

7 comments:

Jen said...

Actually I shouldn't make fun of him, because I just heard him on the phone with his mom--during his follow-up visit today, they told him that the infection had gotten so bad that, had he waited much longer, it actually could have KILLED him. It had spread from his tooth into his jaw, sinuses, up near his eyes and was starting to go into his ear canal. Not to long after THAT, they said, and it would have spread into his head and his BRAIN. (I don't doubt it, either--you should have SEEN him.)

So no more teasing Quasimodo. (That was my last one.)

Jamie Dawn said...

Poor big-headed kid mortifier. I hope he is all better soon. Happy B-day to him!!

keesh said...

Yeah, how is that living thing going anyway? You surviving this last little bit?

Fred said...

Happy Birthday to Jeff! He's only 31? Sheesh, what a kid. Does he know about this blog?

The Missus always says the same thing about teaching. She's amazed at the amount of work required to teach.

Jen said...

He used to be a contributor till we broke up and I fired him. ;) Don't think he really checks it that much anymore.

PS, we get along amazingly well, considering that I'M LIVING WITH AN EX BOYFRIEND. We do have the occasional blowup but far less than when we were together. =-)

Jen said...

Yeah, ELEPHANT MAN. There you go.

Except I thought that's when you had really big, swollen "man parts" or something.

Jen said...

The swollen man parts is called elephantitis. That's what I was thinking of.