Sunday, October 16, 2005

HELL YES!

I went to the mall today for my monthly weigh-in.

I HAVE NOW OFFICIALLY HIT THE 20-POUND MARK!!! In fact, I've lost 23 pounds, which means that I'm only 2 lbs away from my original goal. (I'm going to keep going, though, since I'm only like 7 lbs away from my mom now.) That means I've lost 7 lbs since my weigh-in last month (student teaching has a lot to do with it, I'm sure, especially walking back and forth across that big-ass school and generally being on the move all day).

6 comments:

Jen said...

My buzz has been dampened somewhat by the realization that I am now at the exact weight I was right before I had my daughter.

Yes, folks, I now strive to be as "skinny" as I was when I was NINE MONTHS PREGNANT. LOL.

keesh said...

Oh Jen, as you get older your body changes and can't do what it did before, so don't look at it as "this is what I once was" but as "this is what I am now!" Be proud of yourself, very proud. The scale says I weigh the same as I did when I got prego for Mason, but the jeans are 2 sizes bigger and the tummy jelly is getting really old. Are you exercising too?

Jen said...

Hell yeah I'm exercising. Over the summer I walked 6 days a week; now that I'm student teaching, though, I'm only managing 4-5.

It's funny that you mentioned "tummy jelly," cuz I just noticed that in the mirror tonight...now that I've lost weight, I have a LOT of extra skin that I need to firm up =-)

Jen said...

I've lost about 5 in the waist and about 3.5/4 in the hips. But yeah, you've been doing that Pilates stuff, which I certainly haven't. (Like I said, I definitely have to firm up.) So you're doing fantastic!!

eyes_only4him said...

wow...good for you...how ya doin it?..i want to lose about 20, but i have lost all totall motivation:(

Nik said...

Huge congrats to both of you ladies! That's awesome that you gals are doing so well.
Just one thing, Jen, quit being so damn hard on yourself. 20 lbs. is no small feat, hell, I'd gladly trade with ya honey. Be proud of your accomplishments.