Sunday, October 09, 2005

Biopoem

One of the final projects for a unit I've been working on is a biopoem (students have to write them about characters in a book). Here's the format for biopoems, followed by one I wrote about T.

Feel free to add your own (about yourself or someone close to you).

Line 1 First name of person assigned
Line 2 Three or more characteristics of this person
Line 3 _________ (daughter, brother, etc) of __________ (relative’s name)
Line 4 Lover of _____________ (people or things)
Line 5 Who felt____________( 3 words; can be three separate words or a phrase)
Line 6 Who needed___________ (3 words; can be three separate words or a phrase)
Line 7 Who feared___________(3 words; can be three separate words or a phrase)
Line 8 Who gave ____________(3 words, can be three separate words or a phrase)
Line 9 Who worked to change__________
Line 10 Who hoped______________
Line 11 Who lived______________
Line 12 Last name of person assigned

Here's mine:

Thomas
Brave, sensitive, loyal
Son of Slena
Lover of freedom
Who felt tired, scared, proud
Who needed to kick ass
Who feared letting others down
Who gave everything he had
Who worked to change the world
Who hoped he had done enough
Who lived as if there were no tomorrow
LeB****

13 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

Neat.

Jen said...

Hurry up and post your own, people.

Sheesh.

Jen said...

Do you promise not to use the phrase "screw you", though? It's not very poetic.

sparkydiva said...

shaun
patient, funny, kind
father of brianna
lover of mcdonald's
who felt lonely, optimistic, ambitious
who needed comfort, shelter, companionship
who feared leaving his daughter
who gave me his smile
who worked to change my jaded heart
who hoped to have my hand
who lived to make his daughter happy
l****

Jen said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*sniff*

That's a good one.

Jen said...

So, um, Sparky...I went from your blog to Shaun's comment to his profile to HIS blog (I'm a regular Nancy Drew)....sounds like some pretty juicy stuff is going on in your life, woman!

Is there anything you want to share with the rest of the class? (You might as well just post it here and save me the trouble of IM'ing you on Yahoo.) ;)

sparkydiva said...

LOL...gotta love ya.

shaun and i "met" on a singles website about a year ago. it didn't work out...i guess god thought that it wasn't the right time. but he looked me up awhile ago and we started talking again...and here we are. he lives in georgia...and we're trying not to let distance be an issue. but its hard.

remember when i asked you if you'd like to participate in a blog about long distance relationships? well that blog is why...and shortly thereafter, you started having issues with t, so i didn't want to bring it up again. but now that they're finding their way back on track, i'd be more than happy for you to join the blog!

anyway - he just makes me feel peaceful inside. i haven't had that in a long time.

did i leave anything out??
~b

Jen said...

So when is he coming to Texas?

Jen said...

So sparky's name is BRANDI?

I may have to keep calling you sparky, though.

Jen said...

Awwwwwwww....thanks.

(Your need to add a postscript to "lover of many" cracked me up, though)

Jen said...

Here's my ode to Rob.

Rob
Disappearing, inconsistent, heartbreaker
Son of a --never mind
Lover of beer
Who felt like blogging again
Who needed us to return
Who feared J's animal magnetism
Who gave me a headache
Who worked to change my inclination for 80s music
Who hoped we'd again reside in the SOR
Who lived in denial
E********

WELCOME BACK, BYAATCH. (You know you missed it.)

Jen said...

I'm amazing cuz I wrote a snarky poem about Rob?

Jen said...

Plus, I'm really good at--

oh, wait, I can't say that, since Mom comes here now.

;)