Sunday, October 30, 2005

Party of one (at least until 2010 or so).

First, I must thank Anna (my self-described "birthday coordinator") for showing me such a great time yesterday. The day included our trip to the psychic, dinner, a haunted house and a (very) brief appearance at the bar. Most of this blog entry will focus on our psychic encounter (at least MY portion of it, anyway--I'll let Anna post her experience, if she so desires); however, I do want to mention the haunted house, where my normally level-headed and practical amiga LOST HER DAMN MIND. (FYI, Anna, I have several finger-sized bruises all over my upper arm--any idea how those got there?) ;)

The psychic, by far, was the highlight of my day. I learned a LOT of valuable information; I've just taken 5 pages of notes from the tape I have of my 20-minute session. I know some of you out there may be more skeptical, but truly, I found it to be insightful and more than helpful. The most important thing I learned, I think, is that I AM on the right path; that what is going on around me is happening exactly when and how its supposed to, and I'm learning all the lessons I'm supposed to be learning. Having said that, here are some of the more important points.

1) The million-dollar question: Will I ever get married--and when? And to whom? (Okay, that was three questions.)

Yes--although not as soon as perhaps I would have liked. Marriage is in the cards (literally) for me in 5-10 years--not within 5, she said, but definitely within 10, putting me at about 34-39. However, she said that marriage is "definitely going to happen."

Interestingly, I have a LOT of "kid lines"--2 girls and 4 boys. However, she said that these are not necessarily the kids that I'll HAVE, just those that I'll become closest to. She said the two girls are "really strong." I'm thinking that those are Amanda and Paige. I'm not exactly sure about the boys, as I currently have 6 nephews to choose from--but I'm hoping that at least one or two of the boys she's seeing are MY future sons.

2) BOLO (be on the lookout) for:
A man with lightish brown hair and light eyes (blue/green/hazel), who is very loving and kind, loves nature and animals and is shy and quiet. Yes, you guessed it--that's HIM. The One. And no, she said, I haven't met him yet.

3) At least I have one thing right.
Teaching is DEFINITELY the right career path for me. It came up again and again--in my cards and in the palm reading (my "amibition mound," which focuses on career/work, is completely covered by a grid of "teacher squares").

4) General things about me.
--I have "major trust issues."
--I'm incredibly stressed out and I worry too much about everything ("you're much too young to be this stressed out") .
--At one point, she looked me dead in the eye and said, "Quit being so hard on yourself."
--I'm very intuitive when it comes to people and events; I have a lot of "psychic X's" on my palm (my problem is that I usually don't LISTEN to my instincts, because they're generally telling me something that I don't want to hear, especially when it comes to relationships).
--When I love, I "love from the soul;" there's no halfway with me and I love with my whole heart.
--I have four guardian angels/spirit guides (it makes me laugh that FOUR are needed to handle me and the trouble I seem to get myself into; however, it is very reassuring that they're around me and are looking out for me).

They also do home parties (private reading are $30 instead of the usual $25 but STILL quite reasonably priced, especially when you consider that you can easily blow that on a dinner out, a few drinks at the bar, etc). You only need 6-10 people. Anna and I were talking about doing one as a girls' night--I know Renee would be up for it, too, so that's three. Plus, I'm sure the girls who originally recommended this place to us would love to come, as well. Anyone else?

5 comments:

keesh said...

You are so funny. I have a bad vibe about Psychic's cause I went to one before I had Mason and I asked if I would ever have kids and she said "no". I guess I proved her wrong :). So I am not sure I buy into all that stuff. But I am glad you had fun with it. I did go to a Tarot card reader once too, she just freaked me out cause she kept telling me I didn't seem at peace, that there was something on my mind and i was like "no there isn't, I am happy" but she didn't buy it. :). Anyway, glad you enjoyed it and that is all that matters. Sounds like you girls had fun in the haunted house too, which i would like further details on!

Mom said...

If you did it here I might go. :-)

Jen said...

Kish, it sounds as though your psychic may have been off the mark, but it really depends on where you go and who you get. I LOVE my girl. (LOL, some people have a hairdresser, mechanic or dry cleaner. *I* have a pyschic.)

sparkydiva said...

i'm in...
~b

Jen said...

I think Sparky needs to spend a girls' weekend in Michigan.