Friday, October 14, 2005

In other news....

"...when it comes time for the actress to give birth in several months, it has been suggested that [Katie] Holmes will attempt a silent labor in keeping with Scientology tradition. The practice encourages mothers to be to forgo painkillers and to refrain from screaming or even talking as they bring their children into the world. Scientologists believe that the silence reduces trauma during birth and prevents irrational fears later in life."

Let me say that again.

The practice encourages mothers to be to forgo painkillers and to refrain from screaming or even talking as they bring their children into the world.

Uh huh. Okay, L. Ron Hubbard. Until you're able to push something the size of a watermelon from YOUR nether regions without screaming (or drugs), shut the hell up.

Jackass.

7 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Un-effing-believable.

keesh said...

Yes, and if a Mother suffers severe Post Partom (SP?) depression, we must refrain from giving her any medicine because it is all in her head...WTF EVER! YEah, that guy is a jack ass...What do they believe anyway? Scientologists I mean. I gather it is like they believe in GOd, but they believe they control their own destiny, but that everything is suppose to be all natural...I get so confused.

keesh said...

Amen Nee! No one can know how it feels unless they go through it. I had slight post partum depression. Sleep deprivation was a large part of it. My Dr watched me and kept in contact with me, but if I had gotten worse I would have taken Meds, Screw Tom Cruise. As if he knows....

Jamie Dawn said...

I wonder if she yells a little if Tom will disown her?
God forbid that she asks for drugs to help her get through it. He will be so disappointed in her. She better hope for a quick delivery!
What a crock of bull all that is.

Jen said...

I used to like Tom, in his Tom and Nicole days. He seemed more down to earth and REAL.

Now, he's controlling, narrow minded and a bit off in the head.

Mom said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL..

Jen said...

I think Mom's drunk again.