Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas Spirit--thanks, Nik!

Most of you who read this blog also visit Nikki's but I figured that I might reach a couple more people who, at the very least, could possibly pass this on to a couple more (and so on). There's a man in my hometown of Holland, MI who, for almost the last 20 years, has been bringing Christmas to the kids of the area homeless shelter. Well, due to the economy and changing times, even Santa needs some help this year. You can help to bring Christmas to these kids by donating here. Please, at the very least, visit the auction site and think about it. And if you can't, maybe you know someone who can.

Times are tough for EVERYONE, but I don't know too many people who have it worse than these children, especially at the holiday season.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280292568033

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful and sad and sweet all at the same time. That's the true meaning of Christmas!

It makes me so sad to think of so many people in need this year. I hope next year is better.

Renee said...

I don't have a PayPal account, but I just put a check in the mailbox! Thanks for posting!