Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Son of a...

As some of you have already heard, Tyson sucks.

Just when I thought things were going pretty darn well, I get an email informing me that, in fact, they were not. He said....oh, let me see how he put it...."I'm a big f*cker with my head up my ass."

Oh, wait, no, those were MY words.

What he ACTUALLY said was that he was feeling "that things are unbalanced and that we're on different pages", that he's "not moving forward in this relationship like [I] seem to be" and that "at this point right now [he's] not feeling that things are moving in a good direction." Those are the high points.

Again, I thought that things were going well; we have fun together, we have a good friendship, we have GREAT chemistry and we're very comfortable together. Or maybe not.

He said he was going to call me tonight to talk about it, but that was before I sent HIM an email saying that it seemed like he'd already said everything there was to say. It's already 8 pm and I haven't heard from him, so we'll see.

Seriously, I give up.

13 comments:

Jen said...

Well he called tonight (that's one of the things I liked best about him; he always calls when he says he will) and....yeah, it's done. I mean, maybe we'll still be able to hang out and have fun (you know how I'm big on staying friends with exes), but...I don't know. It'll be hard, of course, at first, because I'm just so damn disappointed. Nothing was really "clarified" by this conversation. It's basically what his email said: we were coming to the point, after dating a couple months, where you would logically say, "Okay, let's really see what happens here," and he just doesn't seem to be at a point where he's ready/willing to do that. He doesn't know if it's grad school (which it now sounds like he IS going to do) and everything going on with that or if it's just a general...lack of SOMETHING (not chemistry, that's for damn sure), but the dating/relationship part is over.

That's about all I have to say about that.

Jen said...

Jeff, are you on right now?? I'm emailing you. Or come on messenger please.

Jen said...

LOL, I'm still walking, for sure.

LoraLoo said...

Okay, I think I've missed most of this Tyson deal, but WTF? He said all of this in an E-mail?

I mean, is this normal anymore? I've only been off the dating scene for 6ish years, did I miss the memo?

Nik said...

The 2 most recent posts didn't show up until I refreshed, and that was after I commented on this subject in the previous blog (the one about you and your mom skating). So, see previous comment!

Lora, I would like to think this hasn't become standard dating/break-up procedure, but hell who knows anymore. I'd at least appreciate the asshole telling me to my face, not via phone call or email.

Nik said...

He's a knob!!!

Jen said...

Yeah, I gave him hell about the email, too. He said he knows he was a knob, he was sorry about that, he meant to just email me to say "hey, we have to talk, I'll call you tonight," but he was scared that he'd chicken out on the phone, so he wanted to get it out there...plus, he said, once he started typing, he just couldn't stop, he had to get it off his chest.

But yeah, I told him that for future reference, he's a big assface for doing it via email (even over the phone isn't that great)

Jen said...

Hey you guys, bet you $20 that I end up moving to FL and marrying LoB. =-)

Jen said...

PS, his radio station has one VERY unsatisfied listener now.

Nik said...

LOL- I was thinking to myself after reading LoB's blog yesterday, hmmm two people who are having dating/relationship issues, it could work! It's funny that you mentioned it though, wouldn't that be a frickin trip?

Nee said "weiner" hehehehe

Mom said...

You're too good for him!

Mom said...

Nik-

I didn't exactly skate.

I crawled along the outside of the rink, hanging on to the wall for dear life. But I did it twice.

Mom said...

p.s. Tyson's a scrote.