Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

I just realized that this past Sunday was a very monumentous occasion here at Broken Road. April 23 was the TWO YEAR anniversary of the beginning of this blog. Two damn years. I can't believe I've actually stuck with it for this long. Hell, I can't believe that YOU guys have, for that matter.

This blog has provided a way for "my girls" (including LoB and Fred)--no matter where *I* am or all of YOU are--to stay in touch, have fun, offer support and guidance and, for some of you, waste valuable company time. It's actually brought some of my respective friends--who otherwise may never have met--together. And, of course, it also provided the basis for the infamous Blog Party last summer (speaking of which, I do believe it's time to start planning Blog Party 2006....).

While composing this entry, I looked back at some old posts....and oddly enough, it was on this exact date last year that I realized our first "anniversary." We may just have to change the anniversary date to the 26th, since this is the only date I can apparently remember.

Anyway, thanks for another great year. I'm excited to see what this next year has in store for us all (LOL, I feel like it's New Years or something).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary Jen! The 26th is my b-day, so u cant have it! lol j/k

keesh said...

I am so ready for the blog party. I think June sounds good...

Jen said...

Happy birthday, Lynda! See you this weekend!

Jen said...

You'd come all the way from FL just to be the only man in a room full of drunk women?

Oh wait, of COURSE you would. ;)

truevyne said...

Happy Blogiversary

Jen said...

Whatever, Rob. Like you wouldn't come too if we let you. ;)

Hmmm, Anna if you're really serious about hosting, that might be a good halfway for us West Michganders and Renee. Renee, mapquest from whatever city you like in this week to Canton, Mi and see how far it would be.

keesh said...

Anna's sounds fine with me. I would offer to do it here, but we would have two obstacles, the kid and hubby, and the dog will be back in a few weeks and Jen would get all stuffy and not be able to breath on us. If we do the Anna's thing, i can come to holland and meet you at Jen's and then pay for part of the gas...Whatever is fine. only weekend that doesn't work for me is June 10th, that weekend and probably should be home for Father's day whatever day that is. otherwise, should be a go!

Jen said...

LOL. I know, I suck. I was just thinking, for some reason, that maybe we'd all have about the same amount of distance to drive that way, I dont know why.

Jen said...

The best weekends for me are the 10th and 24th, as those are non-Penney's weekends...the first one doesn't work for Kish but what about the weekend of the 24th? (FYI, Father's Day is June 18)

Nik said...

Wow-- 2 years huh? That was sooooo many men, I mean years ago! lmao

Seriously, that's cool, doesn't seem like it's been that long. Thanks for the on-going entertainment. You have filled countless work hours for me. Happy blogaversary to you!!!

*off to find out when my anniversary is*

keesh said...

Should work for me too :). YAY!