Friday, April 07, 2006

Nitrous Frickin’ Oxide

(Yeah Baby! At long last, I make my post about the lovely gas at the dentist’s office.)

I’ve had a long-standing fear of dentists. My latest dentist resolves this problem by giving free doses of nitrous oxide, God bless her heart. I’d never had it until I went to her but now I get it whenever I need anything remotely scary done.

Whenever I’m given the gas, I think “Man, this is the best idea EVER! I’ve gotta post about this amazing experience!” I create entire posts about the wonders of nitrous oxide in my head and laugh to myself at how utterly witty I am. But when I come off of my happy high, I don’t seem to be able to remember anything about it (huh, what a shocker).

Last night as I received two fillings, I decided that this time I was gonna do it! I really was gonna post, by golly! I made a real attempt to remember all the amazing things I’d post about. This is what I remember:

1) My dentist has pretty eyes
2) Fly crawling on the ceiling
3) I wonder why I don’t get high anymore for fun, just when I come to the dentist
4) I wonder how they keep from laughing at me when I have all this funny-looking stuff stuck in my mouth

7 comments:

keesh said...

Hmm, I am about to swtich dentists in a few months. Maybe I should proclaim extreme fear cause I sure loves that stuff too :). Sad thing is, I love getting my teeth cleaned. I never claimed to be "normal."

Jen said...

HAHAHHAHAHHA....this post just cracked me up. I especially loved the part about how you laugh to yourself about "how utterly witty you are." HAHHAHHAHAHHAHHA.

Glad you found a good dentist...although, I must say, nitrous oxide for a CAVITY FILLING? Really?

Jen said...

Shit, if that were true, you should have been a freakin' mute towards the end of our relationship. ;)

JH said...

I really enjoy your blog, I am visiting at Anna's suggestion. I also hate the dentist, and must have the benefits of nitrious oxide to go. I once had a hot dentist in Kansas City, who became infinately more attractive with the "gas." It made going to see him twice a year way more fun.

Jen said...

Anna, I read this post to my mom because you are, in fact, so utterly witty, and she says, "get high AGAIN?" I just shook my head in dismay and bemoaned the fact that my friends are, apparently, stoners. ;)

(But that reminds me of the time my sisters gave Mom and Steve that "doobie" as a present.)

Jen said...

I'll let Missy or Nikki do it; I couldn't do the story justice because I don't remember the details or how it got started.

Jen said...

I asked Mom for the story, and one day she was talking about how she had smoked it once in college but how it really didn't "do" anything for her (cuz I'm sure she wasn't doing it right, LOL). Anyway, she happened to mention how she kind of wanted to do it again to see if anything would happen...so not too long after that, Missy and Nikki presented them with what I THINK was a WRAPPED gift, and they opened it up and it was a joint--or a "doobie," as my mom kept calling it. (My mom kept saying, "How do you two even know where to get these??")

They never did smoke it because Mom chickened out, she said (Mom says they flushed it, but Steve said "the hell we did--I smoked it by myself."