Sunday, April 02, 2006

Skating

I went skating last night (with my mom. On a Saturday night. Shut up) and I have to say, I'm really getting hooked on it again. I found a nice pair of skates on eBay for like $50 (that includes shipping)--now mind you, I'm not talking about roller blades/ inline skating, I'm talking about the old-school quad skates ("quad skates" is the cool term for "skates with four wheels"). I'm really excited about it and I want to get really good at skating: my ultimate goal is to be able to be like the Cool Kids who can skate by crossing one foot in front of the other.

I know some of you are probably laughing at me right now, and I'm going to give you a chance to sound off. I'm going to let you vote--take bets, if you will--on how this whole skating thing is going to pan out. Here are your options; please cast your vote in the comments section.

How long is this skating thing going to last?

1) Please. Those skates will never make it out of the box.
2) It's all fun and games until someone breaks a bone (which, knowing her, will be within the first week).
3) Actually, considering the fact that she's been trying to get into shape for the last year, she might actually stick with this one.

10 comments:

keesh said...

Sounds fun...I think you will enjoy it and it is great exercise so what the hell!! Have fun, no matter how long it lasts :). I don't usually stick with the same stuff either, it gets too boring to do the same thing all the time, but sometimes that 1 thing just works out to be long term :). GOod luck!

Jen said...

Kish, I almost called you last night to see if you wanted to go skating with me. We should do that one night. Maybe it'd be a fun girls' night? I'll send an email.

keesh said...

I am game for it. Especially like on a Sunday afternoon...it is even something kids can do too, but Mason is still a bit too little I think.

LoraLoo said...

I'm going with #3! I used to LOVE skating on those quad skates and would do it again in a heartbeat, but everyone looks at me funny when I mention it. :)

Jen said...

Mom wanted to vote for #1, too.

yeah, Rich, that's called "jam skating," which I just heard of on Saturday night.

Jen said...

I think a couple of ladies are going to have to make another trip to the west side of Michigan in the next month or so so we can go skating....

OR, we can use our skates to bash Tyson over the head. That would be just as good.

Nik said...

LOL, I had the idea to take the boys roller skating last Saturday night, but it was only after we had already gone to the movies, that I thought about it. It is really fun.

I'm not gonna vote either. Just because you should have fun with it, for however long you choose to.

Oh the Tyson thing, not sure what to think there. I'm baffled, really. Sorry he's being a scrote! lol

Jen said...

I can't believe only one person voted for #3 so far.

Jen said...

Piss off.

Jen said...

(LOLOL....that was directed at Jeff, not Nee.)