Friday, April 28, 2006

I Love My Son

Brent drew me the cutest picture yesterday. He's all about cop cars, fire trucks, ambulances, etc. He loves seeing them, asks a million questions about them, always draws them, play with his Hot Wheel ones constantly. At a classmate's birthday party at a fire station last month, he chatted with a firefighter for 15 minutes. Unheard of for him.

The picture is of a police car and an ambulance, and underneath each, he wrote what they are, "just in case you didn't know, Mom". I'm not sure why, but his funny spelling made me misty-eyed. He turned 5 in February; I think he did a pretty good job. "Ples" was written under the police car. "Ambleis" was written under ambulance. He pronounces it "amblience", so it was pretty close to how he says it :-)

Just had to share with everyone how adorable my son is :-)

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's REALLY cute. And he's got the beginning and ending sounds, which is good (and normal) for that age. It's all those pesky middle sounds that are hard for kids. =-) Very cute!

Edward said...

Good story.

Try to steer him to the fire service -- good pay, great hours.

Police work -- not so much.

keesh said...

SO FREAKING CUTE!!! YOU KNOW I LOVE IT!!