Sunday, April 30, 2006

Pictures of our trip

Again, most of these pictures kind of suck ass due to how dark it was in there, but trust me, it's a GREAT time. They go out of their way to recreate the period, from table settings to the building itself to the way everyone (including the servers) spoke.




































This was part of the ceiling inside the lobby. ("Lobby" isn't really the right word--it was HUGE--but it's where everyone gathered and looked around while they were waiting to go inside.)













This is the Lord (the THE Lord, mind you) ;) who addressed the crowd from a balcony in the reception area; he gave us the rules for the evening, explained how everything worked, etc.










This picture REALLY came out dark but I wanted to try to capture our pewter place settings because they were so cool. I adjusted the contrast, brightness, etc and this is the best I could do. (The battery was too low for the flash to work on my camera, plus I was scared of spooking the horses.)

6 comments:

Fred said...

Woo-hoo!!! Pictures.

Looks like a great time - thanks for fighting Blogger to get them on your blog, Jen.

Nik said...

You got some good shots actually. Did anyone get a pic of the outside of the castle at night? Cuz that looked sweet!!

Jen said...

No I didnt have any pics left by then.

Nik said...

That's because we Holland, Michiganders are taking over the world!!! A girl from Holland, MI called into Rockline on Wednesday night too, I was shocked.

Jen said...

I don't know, okay I guess. We just went TWO DAYS without talking (he didn't call on Thurs OR Friday). Now mind you, I'm not the kind of girl who has to talk to a guy every day (shut up, I'm not), but when you start OUT strong (calling several times a day, for example), you expect that that will be the...standard. And now, a month into it, he's too busy to call? (Yes, he had a lot going on this week, including his parents surprising him and coming home from Fl a week early but damn, you can fit a call in, on your home from work or SOMETHING.) I don't know...I knew that our pace, our inseperaable-ness from the beginning, wouldn't last and we'd eventually settle into our more "normal" routine, but still.

Anyway, he's going up north with a friend today but we're hanging out tomorrow.

Jen said...

Well I DID call tho. I called him on Friday to tell him I got my car back and thanks for his help (he recommended a place to me) and he never called back. (I didn't call him on Thurs tho.) Then like a big pussy I called him this morning (well, afternoon) when I got up; he was getting ready to go up north and said he was going to call on his way there. Uh huh. He said he MIGHT be back later tonight, otherwise he'd call tomorrow.

And I DO call him other times too, now that we're settling into more of a "relationship" thing as opposed to "dating." See, with Tyson, I followed the rules because I never felt THAT comfortable with him, if that makes sense. It was always like a formal dating type thing. So now I can let down my guard a bit and call Greg more, but I do make sure not to call TOO much. Still, my point is, he came on strong at the start, called all the time, etc....should I care that he went 2 days without calling, or is it just a sign that our initial infatuation is slowing and we're settling into a more practical pace? Or is it that he's losing interest?

LOL okay never mind cuz as I was typing that, he called again just to say that his plans had changed and although he wasn't going up north now, he wanted to let me know he was going out with some friends tonight instead to hear a band play in GR and he'd see me tomorrow. Now see, that's all I ask. I dont care (honestly) that we dont see each other every day or whatever; I'm just glad that he thought to call me and just let me know what was up.

I guess I can stop rambling now. ;)