Sunday, January 14, 2007

Your Real Age

This site (www.realage.com) is very eye-opening. My "real age" right now is 39.6 (actual age: 30.3), which is pretty damn scary. A lot of that is due to smoking, but there are other factors that brought my "age" up, too, including my asthma, lack of strength-training and flexibility workouts (I just do cardio), the fact that my normal resting heart rate is "considerably higher than normal" (which could be high blood pressure; in fact, it HAS been a little higher than normal the last couple of times I've measured it at the store, but it's always okay when I go to the doctor--or "excessive alcohol intake," lol), stress, my weight (I could stand to lose another 10 lbs or so), and then some other interesting-yet-surprising factors, like the fact that I've had gingivitis and drive a compact car. Oh--I need to eat fish, they suggested, but we know THAT ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, go see what you guys are! I'm going to go walking now--gotta bring that age down. ;)

9 comments:

Jen said...

yeah they ask for that; if you don't know (which I don't), they just input "average" numbers

Jen said...

Holy crap! 29 is awesome!
What else was keeping it down?

"If I owned a dog, I can safely say my "real age" would be up around 50." LOL

My upstairs neighbors are playing their guitar. It's almost 3 am.

keesh said...

Hey, go easy on the whole pet thing. we have a dog and are getting a puppy in a few weeks. it isn't the worst thing a family could do...

my real age is 38.7. yeah real good. Real age is 30.1...

keesh said...

Yeah me either Nee, but you get what you marry I guess ;). He "has" to have dogs for his job...

JH said...

i rely on my "sex in the city" age calculator. You get extra points from drinking. According to that age calculator: your real age is 20.3. Which means you aren't legal yet to drink. Well my calculator needs some fine tuning. I can't do these types of things, because I tend to fudge the results, yes I lie on surveys. I can't help it, there is something in me that just picks what I think they want to hear. I know, I am thinking about therapy.

Jen said...

LOL Jh, that's funny. Except counseling wouldn't help cuz you'd lie to him/her too. =-)

Nik said...

Holy shit, I just got my results back and I gotta say I'm shocked. It said: Today, January 15, 2007, your RealAge is 29.6! Considering the fact that I turned 29 in Nov., it's damn close to actual. I thought for sure I'd be like 10 years older. Yeah!!!

Nik said...

I know, I was really surprised! I thought the smoking and the family history would definately bring my age way up. I think the thing that helped me was the amount of various exercise that I do. Missy has her resistance bands here at work and we have other stuff that we use to do mini-workouts in our hours of boredom. I'm half-tempted to do it over, just to make sure it's right.

Jen said...

Damn I gotta start that flexibility stuff