Monday, January 15, 2007

For my next breakup ('cuz let's face it, it's only a matter of time....)

The “No Contact” Contract:
(Courtesy of Yahoo!)

I hereby pledge that I will not prolong my anguish by attempting to contact my ex or to orchestrate any elaborate “accidental” meeting with him or her. My healing has now begun and I will avoid re-opening those wounds like I would avoid a bear trap in the woods. I promise that, by “contacting my ex”, I mean every single form of communication from IM, to chat boards, to friends passing messages, to sending smoke signals from yonder mountain. I will not call or write, I will not try to reach him/her through the spirit world, and I will not think about my ex. Okay, I probably will think about my ex… quite a bit in fact. But I promise that this phenomenon will diminish over time.

Signed: (Your Name Here) __________________________________
Dated: (Today’s Date Here) _________________________________

1 comment:

Nik said...

Yeah right, like you'd be able to not do these things.

Seriously, I think that you should really do this (if there is a next time). Might sound stupid, but I think it's a great idea.