Sunday, January 14, 2007

Owowowowowowow

I was rudely awakened from a deep, alcohol-induced sleep on Friday night/Saturday morning by a leg cramp. YOU KNOW the ones, the kind that bring on agonizing waves of pain, that leave you rolling around on the floor, crying and swearing and praying for death, sweet death, since that's the only thing to free you from the pain. It felt like it lasted for about 4 hours, although in reality it was probably about 90 seconds. Two days later, my calf muscle is STILL hurting and screams when even remotely touched or jostled.

I had a good time on Friday night, though. I'd say that we all go out every couple of weeks or so (most of us go out in our individual groups a little more often than that, but we usually get a bigger group together bimonthly or so). We usually go to this place named Dwyers, which looks like a big castle and has a patio out on the roof; it's pretty cool. Anyway, I got quite fucked on this particular outing, as I opened a tab when there was only about 5 of us and kept it open all night, even after our numbers continued to grow. (It was kind of funny, though: I'd be outside on the roof with a couple of other teachers and the waitress would stick her head out and be like, "Hey, you might want to come back in here. They just ordered another round of shots." One round was like $50, since there were so many people by that time.) Anyway, we were up to about $300 when I went to close out the tab around 11 pm (which sounds early but we had started at 4). After everyone had chipped in "their parts," I was left with a little over $100, including the tip (which had automatically been added on, due to the size of the group). So that sucks, since, although I drank quite a bit, I'm pretty sure I didn't drink $100 worth (then again, I may have come pretty close....). Oh, well. I'll just have to eat out a little less the next couple of weeks and skip my monthly sojourn to Bath and Body Works and Penney's.

We have a 3-day weekend due to Martin Luther King Jr Day. I've actually been laying low since Friday night. Most of it is due to the money part, but I'm also just feeling....TIRED. Nights like Friday sure take a lot out of me, and I require the rest of the weekend to recover. My weekends of partying like a rock star are clearly kaput. (I can do one night, sure--but to get up and do it again the NEXT night? Yeah, not so much.) Plus, my stomach was queasy for a good part of the day on Saturday. I tried to go grocery shopping yesterday but NOTHING was sounding good to me; plus, certain scents (especially fish) made my eyes water and my head spin. I didn't FEEL hungover (no headaches, etc) but my tummy was definitely paying the price. I ended up buying a lot of fruit, some "staples" like bread and milk, a couple cans of spaghetti and a key-lime pie (and some carpet cleaner for my car, but I'll spare you the details on that one).

I rented some movies at Blockbuster (I'm once again allowed back in the store, after sending them a check for the movie that I am SURE Justin stole from me. Yes, I ended up paying $28 for Nacho Libre--which I never even got to watch): Clerks 2 (watched it last night), The Groomsmen (with Ed Burns and Matthew Lilliard) and You, Me and Dupree. I'll watch the last 2 later this evening.

I wanted to go get Chinese tonight but, due to cost-cutting, I fear that it'll be canned spaghetti again tonight. And a pear. And a slice of key-lime pie.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I JUST got done with my "girl time," but thanks for making me paranoid.

And that pie is like 75% gone. For the last 30 hours, every time I walk by the fridge, I'll take a couple more bites. It's like the Sex and the City where Miranda ate an entire chocolate cake by herself.

Jen said...

Ewwwwwwwww I'm nauseous now. Too much key lime pie

Edward said...

Paying 28 bucks for Nacho Libre is criminal. By not watching the movie you have actually saved yourself money. Whatever you did instead was infinitely more worthwhile.