Thursday, January 11, 2007

Good news?

Well the unofficial report from the doc's office is that the LP came back okay (which, I'm assuming, means no MS bands). The lady from the neuro's made this sound like good news in her voicemail, but I'm left feeling strangely disappointed. I just really don't want any more tests; I don't want to be in "limbo" anymore; I want to know what it IS.

It could still be MS; I go to the neuro in about 10 days to figure out the next step. There are more tests he may still want to do to help determine if it's MS or not, including something called "Evoked Potentials", which is basically measuring the length of time it takes for sensations to travel the nerve pathways, to check for MS-related damage.

7 comments:

Nik said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya and hope you get some good news soon.

keesh said...

well maybe that is GOOD news...I will pray you get SOLID answers!

Jen said...

Renee--yeah, pretty much.

Jen said...

PS--which would make sense, since all of this stuff has developed in the last year or so

Jen said...

Right. But they may not actually diagnose it--whatever "it" is-for years.

John Cowart said...

This is great news... I think.
A lot of people have been pulling for you.
Going through a few tests myself so I feel where you are coming from.

A nurse friend said, "Know why they nail the lids on coffins"?

"To keep the doctors from doing any more tests"!

Jen said...

John, I hope you're doing okay. What are your tests? Anything you want to share with the class? =-) I hate this testing stuff.

Renee...it depends on the doctor, really. Cuz they dont want to put you on meds if it turns out that's NOT what you have, cuz these are pretty power meds, and expensive.