Saturday, June 03, 2006

Weird dream

Here's the dream I had last night (and it was weird enough that I'm actually up at 7:30 on a SATURDAY to post about it; I wanted to get it down while it was still relatively fresh in my mind).

Basically, the sun was going to go out--yes, "go out," not explode or anything, but it was still broadcast as the official end of the world, obviously, but because eventually, without the sun, all life would ceast to exist. Here's what was particularly odd about this dream, though:

1) I was at my old school, Detroit Mercy, in the dorms, but yet my family and everyone was around.

2) Once the sun went out (it was still up in the sky and everything; it was just like someone flipped a switch in it and it just went off), military planes began bombing us. I never did find out if it was OUR military or another country's.

3) I was standing at an open window watching, and people starting running over asking to take shelter in my room with me. It was a really eclectic group of people, too. One of them was a little boy from work--not one of "my" kids, even. He was from the Three's room, but he came running over for protection/shelter. Aaron was there (yes, Anna, THAT Aaron; he had originally come to the window just to say goodbye because he, like a lot of other people, was leaving town--although where they were going to go, I don't know)--and once the bombing/attacks started, I told him he could come inside, but he said no, he didn't think that was a good idea, since we were no longer together and once a relationship is over, it's over.

4) GREG (you know, the asshole) showed up too, asking if he could come in for shelter--and in the midst of all this, in what is basically ARMAGEDDON, I actually took the time to look at him and say, really bitchily, "Oh, look who wants to talk to me NOW?" (LOL, doesn't that totally sound like something I would do?)

Anyway, it was just a really weird dream. For the record, I looked up Armegeddon in an online dream dictionary, and here's what it said. Kind of interesting, considering my most recent post from last night:

To dream of armageddon, or the end of the world, was very common in the year 1999 when many people thought the end of the world was going to occur at the year 2000. However, to dream about armageddon now is usually a deep-rooted fear that your world is about to change dramatically. By "your world" I am referring to everything around you, your job, your family etc.

From another site:

To dream about Armageddon suggests that you are feeling hopeless and out of control. The dream may be triggered from the deep emotional stress that you are experiencing in your waking life.

And very similarly, also from that second site, here's what "army" means (it's the closest I could find to that whole military aspect):

To see the army in your dream, symbolizes an overpowering force working against you. You may feel outnumbered or pressured and unable to deal/overcome this situation.

Interesting.

4 comments:

keesh said...

Wow, that is strange!! I just got done telling my husband about my dream last night. I had a dream that i needed an "eyeball" transplant and in my dream, he gave me his eyeballs because he said he would rather his wife be able to see then him. WTF is that about!

Fred said...

I hope you get a good night's rest and the dream is continued.

I had a rather sedate dream last night. I dreamt that a co-worker wrote a book about me, and all I remember was reading the passage.

I'll take your dream anyday.

John Cowart said...

With that sort of dream, I'd stop watching tv news for awhile.

Jen said...

John: actually I was reading Left Behind last night so I'm sure that had something to do with it too.