Thursday, June 15, 2006

Lucky number....hell, I lost count

Katey had her baby today. She was induced this morning around 8 and he (yes, it's a boy) came FAST--within a few hours. She barely had to push; she said he "slid right out"--surprise, surprise (snicker).

His name is Blake Nicholas; he was only a little over 6 and a half pounds (or something like that) and 18 inches long (I think). He was born around 11 this morning. (Hey, after this many babies in one family, you just start estimating.) He's pretty cute; here are a couple of pictures. (I'll be emailing the other ones.) Katey feels just fine; she said she's not even sore (I'm laughing again, very bitchily). Mom and baby will be coming home sometime on Friday morning/early afternoon.








Blake Nicholas


















Paige looks so grown up here, doesn't she?















Aunt Spinster and Blake








I'll be shooting into Detroit for a few hours tomorrow; it's my kids' last day of school (the ones I student taught with) and, as I may be gone before their next school year starts, I really want to go to see them again and say goodbye. It's only half a day, so I'm leaving at like 5:30 in the morning (I know. Shut up); Anna, I'll probably be on my way back before you even get out of work, but I know you won't be too heartbroken because I'll see you next weekend for BLOG PARTY '06, BABY!!!!!!

4 comments:

John Cowart said...

Fine looking kid!
Tell Blake to grow fast; I hear the Steelers may have an opening for a new quarterback.

keesh said...

CUTIE PIE! Paige is getting so big! She does look like Katey! Can't WAIT for next weekend! Peace!

Jen said...

Tyler isn't terrified. He's pissed. =-) He has not been too receptive to/excited about the new baby yet.

Jen said...

I guess Tyler is coming around now.....Savannah LOVES the baby. Just adores him. She's so cute; when he cries, she pats him on the head and says, "It okay, baby."