Sunday, June 11, 2006

In other job-search news...

I received an email today from a principal in Ft. Myers, Florida who wants to do a phone interview regarding several elementary teaching positions available for next year at her charter school. (I have my resume posted on teachinflorida.com.) The starting pay is quite comparable to that of teaching jobs in Michigan.

I still don't know if I'd actually have the cojones to pack up and move, but I'm certainly going to do the interview and see what happens.

And for the record, my cover letter is NOT posted on that site. ;)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Don't know yet; I emailed her back and I'm waiting to hear back from her.

John Cowart said...

Come on down! Here in Florida we need great teachers. Those rumors about huricanes and bugs are all yankey lies. You'll love it here... Of course, you'd expect me to say that since I'm a Florida native.

Jen said...

Yankey lies. LOL

Nik said...

Really Jen, you have nothing to lose and it's not like you've never been away from "home" before. It'd just be a bit further from home, that's all.

Not saying that I want you gone ;), it's just an opportunity at least, which is more than you'll get around this place.

Jen said...

Well I may not even get the job...she didn't email me back yet so I don't even have an interview lined up. We'll see