Friday, June 16, 2006

Going back to bed

Back from my trip to Detroit. I had a close call at first, though. For a while there, I panicked when it appeared that I had lost something very crucial--namely, my infamous lead foot. I got on the freeway heading out of town and realized that, after months of driving in Dutchville, I was no longer able to haul ass the way I used to. I'd get up to 75 and suddenly, both hands would be at the 10 and 2, I'd be clenching the wheel and I'd think, "Damn, I better slow down." Luckily, I rediscovered my lead foot (and my balls) right around Ionia.

(No, Mother, I wasn't SPEEDING. I was "keeping up with the flow of traffic." Driving too slowly, especially in Detroit, is more dangerous than driving too fast-ly.)

The trip, although tiring, was definitely well worth it. Damn, it was great to see the looks on those kids' faces when I walked in. (And I got to do it again in 2 other classrooms, as I visited the 6th grade "team" of teachers.) I've really missed those kids. Mrs. R bought me lunch, but I reciprocated by helping her pack up her classroom. Then, I headed over to see Jeff--

Side note: did anyone else besides me NOT realize that the "J" who has been occasionally posting on my blog, such as in the American Idol post, is JEFF? And Jeff, that is NOT you in that pic.

--before I left town. This was the first time we've seen each other since I left back in November. We only hung out for an hour or so--I had to get back on the road--but I think it's safe to say that he is clearly still in love with me. ;) However, this little detour meant that I left the metro area DURING RUSH HOUR. ON A FRDAY.

Needless to say, my trip home took a bit longer than my trip there.

But I made it safe and sound and now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going back to sleep. I'm freakin' tired.



Me with the best teacher EVER. Seriously, if I beome even half as good as her someday, I'll consider myself very lucky.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Well, seeing as how we were at Target the whole time, I'd have to say either a) no or b) we won't be welcome back at the Westland Target for quite some time.

Jen said...

PS, it was funny as hell, cuz I had been there for about 5 minutes when, for some UNFATHOMABLE reason, she was prompted to say, "God, I've forgotten what a smartass you are."

=-)

keesh said...

Jen - you really didn't realize that was Jeff? Oh my gosh...girl, you are funny!! Please email me directions to your Mom's house or if there is a car pool place somewhere I can park let me know...I can always park my car at the office I work at if that is easier too. it is near the mall...

Jen said...

"Way" off? I think not.

Jen said...

thanks LoB.

My friend Army Jeff said I looked "gaunt" in that picture. I almost choked when I read that. I mean yeah, I've lost weight, but I'm far from "gaunt," LOL. Just call me Lindsay Lohan I guess.

Jen said...

PS, HD used to live in Ft Myers, he said, and he said it's the "best city ever." He LOVED it. (And, I should note, he did not seem nearly as devastated about my potential move as I would have hoped.) =-)

Jen said...

Well, I didn't see him all last week cuz he has his daughter only every other weekend...so after our Crazy Bounce date, I saw him at our summer kick off party two days later, that Friday, and we talked and flirted and he came over to say bye before he left, and then I didnt talk to/see him again till just on Monday. I was getting teased by one of the teachers last night, though, cuz when he picked up his daughter he stayed in my room for like 20 minutes, talking and stuff. But no, no outside contact...I keep waiting for him to ask though. =-) DAMN, HE'S HOT. I keep trying to think of a way I can casually take his pic with my digital cam so you all can see him.

Jen said...

PS, thanks for teh compliments but I'm really NOT that skinny, especially in teh middle.

Jen said...

LOL good idea Nee.