Saturday, May 20, 2006

Well, at least I got my shit back

...but holy shit, he's truly an asshole.

I emailed him through Match.com because, like any good girl going through a breakup, I had deleted all his emails and removed him from my buddy list--and his Yahoo ID is just weird enough that I coudn't remember it even when I wanted to. Anyway, I emailed him and said, Look, no matter HOW busy you are, you have 30 seconds in the day to call or email me and say, Hey, I'll leave your stuff in the garage and you can pick it up on Monday night, or whatever the case may be. I also asked him not to make this bitter or difficult, because I'd like to look back on our time together and think, Wow, we had some good times and not, I can't believe that fucker hijacked my exercise stuff.

So he emailed me back this heartwarming response: "It'll be out there Monday morning."

(Yeah, that was it. That was all I got.)

I emailed him back and said, "That's all good and fine, but I work and I don't have any extra time to swing by your place in the mornings. Can you work with me on this?"

(Note how civil I'm being, STILL. I know, I'm a putz.)

No response. After my walk, I emailed him again (he was still logged onto Match.com--yes, Mr. My-Life-Is-Just-Too-Chaotic-For-a-Relationship-Right-Now) and said something along the lines of, well, since you're home right now, can't I just swing by and get it? You can just leave it outside by the door and you won't even have to interact with me. No answer, so I called him and said, "Okay, I'm leaving and I'll be there in about 15 minutes. Please have it outside for me."

Yes, I was being persistant (I prefer "persistant" to "crazy" or "psycho") ;) but dammit, this had been going on long enough, he was being a raging asshole, and I just wanted this to be DONE so that I could totally forget that this clusterfuck ever happened. And dammit, he was FORCING me to act this way. (I realize that this is also the defense invoked by domestic abusers, but in this case, it's true. I had politely called him, several times, each time waiting patiently for some kind of response, and by God, if I was going to have to hunt him down like the dog that he is for my exercise ball, resistance bands and workout DVD, then so be it.)

When I got there, my stuff was sitting outside--he was gone, of course, cuz he's a coward, but at least I got the rest of my exercise stuff, so I'm happy.

And this will be, I swear, my last Fuckhat-related post. Please join me in a jolly, Broken Road "F*CK OFF, ASSHOLE."

9 comments:

keesh said...

What stupid, immature, pansy ass prick. you are better off without him! glad you got your stuff, now move on and don't contact him anymore at all..

Jen said...

I know, Renee. He really WAS a great guy at the start and I thought he was really into me, too. But apparently, I got played. I'm just pissed cuz I thought we were actually FRIENDS too, you know? And he went out of his way to do all this without talking to me OR seeing me. Why is this such a hostile breakup??

And don't worry, Kish, I just needed my shit back. Trust me, I wish I COULD have been completely done with him a week ago. I hate that I had to chase him around for my stuff. What a waste of time.

Jen said...

yeah, trust me, I know. that's the exact question I'm asking myself (was he just a player or is there really something going on in his life?)--but at this point, I guess it doesn't matter...cuz either way, he's being a dick to me and I don't deserve it.

Jen said...

PS, I'm reading a particular breakup book, and it stressed the importance of friends during times like this, and I want to thank you all for being so wonderful and understanding and there for me. I know I can get a little self-involved at times and I want you all to know that I care VERY MUCH about what's going on in your lives, too. I'm sorry if it doesn't always seem that way, though.

Fred said...

And to think I've been missing all this.

Mr. Right is out there somewhere. Promise.

Mom said...

F O A

Mom said...

If it helps any, you're not the only one who was fooled. Renee and I thought he was a nice guy too.

Anonymous said...

"FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!!"
In case you need the info Jen, I know a guy that would meet him in a dark alley for a case of beer and a pack of smokes? (lol)

Jen said...

I might take him up on that, Lynda.