Friday, October 01, 2004

Wild Kingdom.

Some of you got my email about this already, but around 11 this morning we were informed by some kind of state conservation officer that a cougar had been spotted just up the road. (And I'm talking like a quarter mile away.) We, obviously, were encouraged to keep the kids in for recess. This also affected our afterschool program, where we had to entertain 50 cooped-up kids. (I spent my one break today making a run to the video store.) The older kids, luckily, did find a way to entertain themselves: by terrifying the younger kids with tales of the Killer Cougar.

Helicoptors have been circling all day; animal control keeps cruising by; and officers are searching the fields. TV crews have been out, too. I'm definitely watching the news tonight.

No comments: