Tuesday, October 05, 2004

What's in a Name? Take 2

Last week I got my Marriage License with my new name "Anna Elise K O" I took it to the Secretary of State with our good friend Jen to change my name. They wouldn't let me write all names out or have two last names, so I ended up having to hyphenating K-O. I was happy it was so easy. Tim was happy it was done. Jen was happy because she won the bet over "would we be in & out of the Sec of St just once without having to go back later" and so I bought dinner.

On Saturday Tim & I bought plane tickets and we had to enter our names as they would appear on our tickets. I entered Anna E. K-O, as it will appear on my driver's license. My easy-going, non-dramatic new husband threw a small fit. It's vitally important to him that I have only 1 last name and that it be his. We argued a bit. We ignored each other a bit. Then I, as the giving woman and smart wife, gave in for the good and happiness of my young marriage. (1 month today-Congrats to me!)

So I'll be going back to the Sec of St this Wednesday to make what was a simple, easy process into something entirely more drawn-out and complicated. I will officially be Anna K. (middle initial ONLY) O (full and ONLY last name). Jen, I think you owe me dinner.

No comments: