Friday, October 15, 2004

Amanda.

I talked to my daughter's mom today. For those of you who have lost count, she is now 11 (12 this January) and in 6th grade. Right now she has straight A's (4 As, 2 A+s and 2 A-s). All of her coaches say she's a natural athlete (BIG surprise there, no idea where THAT is coming from). She's really good at basketball (she recently made 25 baskets in a row), swimming and softball. The gym teacher also wants her to play football but Andrea doesn't want her too. Amanda is active with her church--the Latter Day Saints--and I guess if she maintains a 4.0 all through high school, she gets a full ride to Bringham Young University. She has a job (paper route) and is already saving for her first car, a VW Beetle.

And I forgot to mention: Andrea says that Amanda laughs just like me. Isn't that weird? Mom and I have the same laugh, but I grew up around her. Isn't it crazy that my child, who was raised in a completely separate household environment, STILL has my same exact laugh?

I just had to brag, since I hardly ever get to do that. ;)

2 comments:

keesh said...

That is wonderful Jen. I can't believe she is already 11 and going to be 12 soon! Does she know that you are her Biological Mother?

Jen said...

No, she doesn't know the truth yet. Trust me, that's a HUGE sore spot with me, as she was supposed to have been told years ago. She has even ASKED Andrea if she's adopted, and A. has flat-out LIED to her and told her no.