Saturday, October 02, 2004

A disturbing trend.

I have lost my Sleeping-In Mojo.

I used to be the QUEEN of sleeping in. Before I started this new job, "getting up early" meant "before noon." Since late August, though, my usual wake-up time has been 5:15, and sleeping in means 6:45 because I don't have to start till 8 on that day.

Well, lately--I haven't been able to sleep in on the weekends. Last weekend, I was up at 9 on both days. This morning, I got up with Jeff when he got up for work at 8 and, two hours later, I'm still wide awake. Now, granted, I did take a nap both days last weekend, and I'm sure I'll go back to sleep for an hour or so at SOME point today--but I've lost my ability to sleep in! This isn't good!!

I remember that Missy, who used to be my co-queen, stopped being able to sleep in once she had Donovan. Even when he was gone for the weekend or she was visiting me, she would still wake up ungodly early (again, by "ungodly early" I mean like 9 or 10). She told me that once you start waking up early on a regular basis, it becomes a habit. I thought that was bullshit at the time. "Not me," I promised her. "Even once I have kids, I will never lose the ability to sleep late."

Crap.

No comments: