Nik posted this on her blog and I decided to give it a shot, too. She assigned me the letter "S"; my job is to come up with 10 of my favoriate things that begin with that letter. If anyone out there in Blog Land hasn't done this yet and is up for it, let me know. However, keep in mind that you don't get to pick your own letter--I get to give it to you. And now, without further ado...
1) Seriously, do I even have to SAY the #1 "S" word on my list? LOL. It's almost TOO easy, really. (For those of you who have clearly never met and/or talked to me, my mind is most definitely in the gutter here.)
2) Sunsets. And I'm lucky enough to have lived in 2 states--Michigan and Florida--that both have some pretty amazing sunsets. Especially when seen from the beach.
3) Strawberries. Next to watermelon, easily my favorite fruit (especially when used in conjunction with #1).
4) Sleeping (or sleeping IN). My ability to sleep in is probably the main hesitation I have about becoming a parent. Let's just say that, left to my own devices, waking up before 11 on the weekends is "getting up early." And that's 11 at NIGHT. LOL
5) Stars - the kind in the sky. I totally stole this from Nikki but truly, astronomy is a big love of mine, too. I actually invested in a decent telescope a couple of years ago. Also, along these same lines, astrology (also star-related) is something else that I fully believe in and am totally into.
6) Stars - the celebrity kind. I am my mother's daughter and my sister's sister (LOL). We are all very, very big followers of the goings-on of the rich and famous. People mag, Star mag, etc.--I love 'em all.
7) Smoking. I'm sorry. I know it's horrible for my health and will kill me if I don't quit, especially with my asthma. And truly, I continue to fight it, in a way I never have before--in fact, I'm chewing nicotine gum as we speak. But I will have to fight that urge to smoke for the rest of my damn life--because sometimes, nothing beats a cigarette.
8) Students...most of the time. =-) Even when they're driving me crazy, I love them.
9) Showers. I shower at least twice a day--once in the morning and once at night. In the morning for obvious reasons--but at night, it's like my body NEEDS it now to unwind and relax. Sure, I could wash my face at the sink and call it a day, but it's just not the same. It's not bedtime until I've taken my shower.
10) Sarcasm. Spend more than 10 minutes with me (sometimes, even less than that) and you'll see what I mean. I have a heart of freakin' gold--but I'm also a smartass. That's just how I roll.
11) Straightener (for my hair). I have thick and wavy hair--not the pretty kind, but the frizzy kind. Even when I don't full-out "straighten" it, my flat iron helps me to keep it more manageable. (FYI: This is my extra "bonus" item because, once again, my #1 was just too. damn. easy. LOL)
12) "Swingers" --the MOVIE, you freaks, not the actual partner-swappers. This is my favorite movie EVER. If you still haven't seen it, rent it NOW. It features an early Vince Vaughn and it shows how MEN handle breakups. Good stuff. (There. And now I have TWO extra items, this one to make up for the fact that I used "stars" twice, even though they were 2 totally different things.)