Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day, 5th grade style


As many of you know, Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday as a teacher. It beats Halloween and even Christmas. There's something about making your little "mailboxes," passing out your valentines, and then sitting down and going through all of your cards while eating cupcakes and candy that is guaranteed to make to make your heart smile...even if, for example, your fucktard, on-and-off boyfriend breaks up with you a week before Valentine's Day and will instead be spending it with his OTHER girlfriend (but at the same time, he was there for me during--and AFTER, which is a big deal for me--my Crazy, which really reinforced the fact that he's a shitty boyfriend but truly a great friend). My point is, even with all of that, I'm still going to have a great Valentine's Day--because of my kids (and then, for V-Day night, I'm going to see "He's Just Not That Into You" with my single friends).


Here are the valentines I'm passing out this year. Yes, those are rock star valetines, and yes, they come with tattoos. Seriously, are these sweet or what? Hell yeah!


18 comments:

Nik said...

Dude, sorry it's rough for you, but glad you have your kids and single friends to get you through. The cards your passing out totally kick ass!!!! I want a guitar tattoo.
Happy Valentine's Day, Jen. Loves!

Renee said...

I LOVE your Valentine's! Where'd you find those? Brent would have LOVED to give those out! I got him gay Star Wars ones instead.

Have fun at the Vday party and tonight with your friends! That movie looks SO GOOD!

I'm sorry Shawn's such a fucktard butthole.

Renee said...

Seriously, if you can find another box of those valentines, I'll pay you back plus shipping and Brent can hand them out next year!

Jen said...

I'll go back and try to find some tomorrow, Nee. I think I got them at CVS. And I'm pretty sure I can spring for the $3 ;)

Kishelle said...

How was the movie? I have heard so many mixed reviews. did you like it?
I haven't been on your blog in just a few days and holy cow you had a lot to write about! I am so happy you seem happy :). So all i got mason's teacher was a valentine and candy, is that bad?

Renee said...

I brought Brent's teacher some tulips. Mostly because I found out that Friday was also her birthday. So it's a combo thing
:-) No, Kish-- a card and candy is great! I can only speak for 2nd graders, but Brent's teacher only got like three things yesterday. Cards from pretty much everyone, but not really many gifts.

Jen said...

Nah, Kish, I got a ton of candy. YOu're good. =-) And teachers really dont EXPECT anything for Vday...it just kind of happens. Or maybe it just happens to me cuz I'm awesome. =-) (I'm just hypothesizing here.) I see the movie tonight--I'll let ya know.

Kishelle said...

I'd like Kishells to plant her TwoLips...oh never mind.

Shawn

Renee said...

Hahahahaha! Getting the hubby in on the blog world, eh?

Kishelle said...

no, not getting the hubby into the world, he got himself into ;)..he asked me if this "renee" person had a good sense of humor. and i said "she is just like me." so he said "ok, it is safe to post about tulips then." geesh ;)

Renee said...

LOL. One MUST have a sense of humore to run with this crowd ;-)

Renee said...

I mean "humor"

Jen said...

LOL. Hi Shawn! He should start posting more, Kish. That would be awesome.

And speaking of which--I LOVED THAT MOVIE. Seriously. LOVED. IT. It was like getting a cinematic bitch slap, but it was SO. GOOD.

Jen said...

And fyi, I got home at 4 am from Anti Valentine's Day.

Kishelle said...

Oh, he would be entertaining to say the least :).
Now i really want to see that movie!!
So what happens until 4am on Feb 14th? That is what i refer to the day cause i think it is a stupid made up day with people who have too much time on their hands :).

Anonymous said...

UPDATE: Kishelle worked feverishly clearing the brush around the stump this weekend. She is going to plant her tulips tonight!!!
Shawn

Renee said...

LOLOLOLOLOL. I hope the tulip-planting went well :-)

Kishelle said...

oh you know it :)...