Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Boys

Why does Frank feel the need to make an announcement every time he's going into the bathroom for various bodily functions? I don't know about anyone else, but when *I* need to go in there for anything major, I make it as unobtrusive as possible. I certainly don't want to call ATTENTION to it. But not Frank. Oh, no. He does everything short of sending out press releases and calling a media conference. And he was in there for like *45 minutes* earlier. What the hell? Is he laying tile? Caulking the tub?

On an unrelated note, I won't be online for a few days. Mr. Biohazard is going out of town this weekend and he's taking his laptop with him. I'll check back in on Sunday or Monday. (I will be online briefly from work tomorrow, though.) I have a busy few days, though. Tomorrow, one of my new teacher friends is spending the night. We have this all-day company-wide conference thing on Friday; we chartered a bus to get us there (it's like 3 hours away), but we have to be AT SCHOOL to board at 6 am. Since she is currently staying like an hour away from school until she finds an apartment around here, she would have to be up ungodly early to make it on time. So she's staying here with me. (My first female friend! Yay! And she's from Michigan--Brighton, I think.)

Then Saturday, we're supposed to have a beach party for work, but it kind of depends what Tropical Storm Chris decides to do. I'm kind of hoping to do SOMETHING social on Saturday night with someone from work, but all of our funds are getting pretty deleted until our first pay day (especially since most of us have had to relocate in the last week or two). And on Sunday....who knows. I'll probably be stockpiling supplies and boarding up the windows in preparation for what may be our first hurricane of the season. Otherwise, I'll probably just go the pool again and just hang out.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Nik said...

"Seriously, you guys should move down there with me"! I remember somebody saying that not too long ago and what was my reason why not? I believe it may have had something to do with hurricanes. Jen, do you recall? Hell you have been there for what 2 weeks and you're already being threatened by one?!?! Have fun with that! lol Be sure to let us know how things go and to let us know you're alright at some point.

At least Frank's kind enough to warn you about what's gonna go down, before it actually happens. Wouldn't want you to be caught off guard or anything. You should start announcing your girly things to him.

Mom said...

..and I believe *I* may have mentioned the word "hurricane" once or twice before you moved.

So did Paige.

Fred said...

Chris is nothing more than rain, if anything. So - looks like the social is on.

As for the potty, no need to make an announcement. I just grunt loudly, so everyone knows where I am.

John Cowart said...

As a life-long Florida resident I have to say that 99% of the time, I would never even know that huricanes exist if I did not have a tv. The broadcasters look for the worst things to film then report it as though the world were blowing away.

But even though it's mostly all hype, it pays to prepare, stock up on twinkies or whatever. And remember the main rule of huricane preparation: First Eat All The Ice Cream!

Jen said...

Yeah, Chris just kind of died down.

You're right, a lot of noise about nothing. They have all these "breaking news" reports down here with "hurricane updates" from the "Storm Trackers." Very dramatic, though.

Jen said...

PS--I still love Frank, don't get me wrong. After 2 weeks, things are still going very well.

Jen said...

He's got interesting slang for it, too. Once, he actually announced that he had "sent the Browns to the Super Bowl."

keesh said...

oh yeah, the slang is interesting. my husband has said "taking the twins to the pool for a swim" and shit like that. WTF???