Friday, August 25, 2006

My new boyfriend

We had an ice cream social/open house at school tonight. The mom of one of my students brought her younger son, a kindergardener, into the room to see where his big sister sat. Since I'm pretty comfortable around kids, we hit it off immediately. At one point he offered to draw me a picture, and I heard him whisper to his mom, "Can you help me draw a heart?" He drew a picture of a sun, the two of us and a heart.

Later on, his mom said it was time to go and he said, "No! She's my girlfriend." Oh, it was SO FUNNY. And then he had to come over to give me "just one more hug" before he left (he did this about 10 times). Right before they walked out the door, he held out his hand and said, "Here, maybe you should write your number on my hand." I just HOWLED.

As we were walking out (this was near the end of the evening, so I walked downstairs with them), his mom noticed the library pass on my keychain. "Hey Austin, she has the same library card you do!" He got all excited. "Do you work there. too?"

"No, but I go there all the time," I answered.

"So do I!" he said, and I told him, "Next time I'm there, I'll be sure to look for you."

"Okay," he replied. "I'll be in the kids' section." Then he added, "Make sure you look there, 'cuz that's the only place I go."

Oh my God, he was ADORABLE.

4 comments:

Nik said...

LMAO-- look at you, pitchin the woo-woo!! Was he good lookin? Be careful,he may be a stalker type. Seriously, j/k!!

That is too cute, bet he'll figure out a way to get back to your class again. Oh and I think you're in for a real treat if you ever do see him at the library (or anywhere for that matter).

Fred said...

When he graduates to the "adult" section, look out.

Mom said...

LOL - cute!

wow, he's starting early.

Jen said...

I'm sorry to say that it's already over. Austin came to sit with his big sister during dismissal today, and he was hanging on one of her friend's arms. I overheard the word "girlfriend" as I walked by.

"Austin!" I dramatically gasped. "Is that your girlfriend now?"

"Yup," he said unapologetically.

Story of my freakin' life.