Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Storm of '06

My hurricane supplies:
6 gallons of water
2 loaves of bread
Peanut butter
Regular crackers
Graham crackers
Peanut butter crackers
Cheese crackers
Pop-tarts
Canned fruit
Vanilla wafers
Granola bars
Toilet paper
Kleenex

Frank's hurricane supplies:
Cigarettes
Beer
Little Debbie Swiss Rolls

TS Ernesto should be here sometime in the early morning hours. Frank doesn't even seem to think we'll lose power (although we COULD). He told his coworkers that "our apartment looks like a f*cking shelter"). LOL. He's making fun of me, calling me a "typical first-timer." I'm getting a little nervous but I'm in good hands. AND I have the day off from work on Wednesday.

I'll post again on Thursday (hopefully), MAYBE even tomorrow.

5 comments:

Fred said...

Rookie. :)

Nik said...

LMAO-- if u were a real 1st-time, you'd have the windows all boarded up and the generator already fired us "just in case". That's too funny! Have fun in your first TS Jen and I'm sure Frank'll take care of ya.

Jen said...

LOL Fred. I know.

I have the bathtub filled up too, so we can still flush in case we lost power. Frank just walked in, shook his head and walked back out again.

(It's almost 11 pm and winds haven't exceeded 7 mph yet, LOL)

Jen said...

Pffft. yeah, it was a total "non-event." My alarm went off yesterday morning (I forgot to turn it off), and I jumped up like a little kid on Christmas and ran to the window.

Nothing.

Drizzle, maybe, and that's it.

I turned on the news and watched it for like 2 hours.

Nothing.

I felt almost CHEATED, although I know I should thank my lucky stars.

I spent the day sleeping, grading papers and eating Pop tarts. =-)

Jen said...

I never saw that comment, Anna. =-(

And seriously, I should be RELIEVED, because I'll be very lucky to make it through hurricane season without a more serious incident.